Sedalia Regional Airport
|Sedalia Regional Airport|
|IATA: DMO – ICAO: KDMO – FAA LID: DMO|
|Owner||City of Sedalia|
|Elevation AMSL||910 ft / 277 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Sedalia Regional Airport (IATA: DMO, ICAO: KDMO, FAA LID: DMO) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) east of the central business district of Sedalia, a city in Pettis County, Missouri, United States. It was formerly known as Sedalia Memorial Airport. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Sedalia Regional Airport covers an area of 507 acres (205 ha) at an elevation of 910 feet (277 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 18/36 is 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m) with a concrete surface; 5/23 is 3,519 by 50 feet (1,073 x 15 m) with an asphalt surface.
For the 12-month period ending September 30, 2009, the airport had 9,692 aircraft operations, an average of 26 per day: 65% general aviation, 25% air taxi, and 10% military. At that time there were 18 aircraft based at this airport: 72% single-engine, 17% multi-engine, 6% jet, and 6% helicopter.
- The biggest plane ever to land at Sedalia was Bill Cosby's plane when he performed at the Missouri State Fair.
- The second biggest plane ever to land at Sedalia Memorial Airport was Hank Williams, Jr.'s plane when he performed at the Missouri State Fair.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DMO ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "KDMO - Sedalia Memorial Airport - Sedalia, Missouri". FAA Information Effective May 5, 2011. AirNav. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Sedalia Regional Airport at City of Sedalia website
- PDF at Missouri DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of March 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DMO, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: