Seeing Nellie Home
"Seeing Nellie Home" was an American song first published in the 1850s under the name "When I Saw Sweet Nellie Home." It was composed and arranged by John Fletcher. Frances Kyle is said to have written the lyrics. In subsequent versions of this song, the lyrics have been changed somewhat. Sometimes the song has been referred to as "Aunt Dinah's Quilting Party."
A Civil War song, "Mother, I Am Going," was sung to the tune of "Seeing Nellie Home."
Performances and other versions
- Live in Japan, 1969, The Country Gentlemen
- "Old Likker in a New Jug", 2004, Mac Wiseman
- "Galax, Virginia Old Time Fiddlers Convention", 1964, Billy Edwards
- "Meet Me Down on Main Street", 1957, Mellomen Barber Shop Quartet
- "Memories of the Lucky U Ranch", 2002, Sons of the Pioneers
- "Bluegrass Instrumentals", 1962, Osborne Brothers
- "Four and a Half", 2009, The New North Carolina Ramblers
- "Reno and Smiley", 1959-1963, Don Reno and Red Smiley
- An unreleased recording of this song by Hank Williams exists 
- The Johnny Cash Show of 25 March 1970 featured Cash with the Statler Brothers and the Carter Family singing this song