||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2014)|
Internet , Software
Research and Development
|Founder(s)||Alexander Wahler, CEO
Holger Lausen, CTO
|Products||IT solutions for the eTourism|
The company markets high-tech booking solutions, particularly developed for the eTourism sector. In addition to distribution solutions for enhancing online presence, it also offers additional sales solutions to strengthen direct selling on the owners’ website. The target groups for seekda Connect are accommodation establishments of all types as well as thematic- and regional portals.
With seekda Connect, using interfaces to several service providers in the tourism industry, the company ensures the data transfer and regular updating of content relevant for bookings. seekda cooperates with external partners working in the field of Property Management System (PMS), Global Distribution System (GDS), Online-Travel-Agency (OTA) and Google. The developed tools assist hoteliers in online distribution while at the same time minimizing the data maintenance effort.
seekda was developed through projects such as DIP – funded by the European Union – and RW2 – funded by Austrian FIT-IT (German: Österreichische Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft mbH). The company itself is a spin-off of the University of Innsbruck.
In 2007 seekda developed a global Web Service Search Engine, searching public Web Wervices and innovative IT solutions for eTourism. It was the first global search engine based on “focused crawling”.
Research and development
The company was supported by local Austrian agencies (pre-seed funding):
The company is involved in several research projects in the European Seventh Framework Program:
The company was involved in one research Austrian FIT-IT funded project:
- Service Detective
- The Winner of the Business Idea Contest at European Semantic Technology Conference (still using the initial Aleph name) 
- Nominee in AdventureX business plan contest 
- seekda Product Overview
- seekda Connect Overview
- Data, Information, and Process Integration with Semantic Web Services - Project DIP
- Reasoning With Web Services
- Digital Enterprise Research Institute/Semantic Technology Institute about seekda(Retrieved 27 November 2007)
- Finding Web Services. European Semantic Technology Conference, Vienna, Austria, June 2007
- CAST (Center for Academic spin-offs Tyrol) (Retrieved 27 November 2007)
- aws (Austria Wirtschaftsservice) 24 August 2008
- Website of SOA4ALL project
- Website of Service Finder project
- Website of Insemtives project
- Website of Service Detective project
- Business Idea Contest at European Semantic Technology Conference (Retrieved 23 November 2007)
- Nominee in AdventureX business plan contest (Retrieved 23 November 2007)