|Birth name||Beat Solèr|
|Also known as||Silvercity-Bob|
|Born||July 8, 1971|
International DeeJay Gigolo Records
Seelenluft is Beat Soler from Zurich. He has been playing music since he was seven. He has made a number of records in the past ten years.
He signed up with Klein Records and released his first record "The Rise and Fall of Silvercity Bob" in 2000. Silvercity Bob is an imaginary trumpet player and the album relies heavily on Beat Soler's collection of 1950s easy listening records.
Seelenluft recorded his latest album "Out of the Woods" in Los Angeles, over a couple of months in 2002.
The single "Manila" featured Michael Smith, a 12-year-old boy from Compton singing lead vocals was released in the UK by Back Yard Recordings. Influential BBC Radio 1 disc jockey Pete Tong declared it was an essential new tune. The track has been featured on more than 60 compilations. It has reached the ARIA top 50 Australian singles charts in March 2004.
Seelenluft's third album "The Way We Go" for Klein Records, his fourth overall, was issued in 2004 and was preceded by the track "I Can See Clearly Now". A remix by Tiga was featured on the maxi-single.
Contributing few remixes of his own, Seelenluft's work appeared on projects by diverse artists such as electronic music duo Tipsy, dance-pop singer Almamy or alternative rock band Mauracher among others.
He also composed a piece for the Tonhalle Orchestra of Zurich and worked on various film soundtracks.
- Bellatrax (1997), Hypnotic
- The Rise and Fall of Silvercity Bob (2000), Klein Records
- Out of the Woods (2002), Klein Records
- Way We Go (2004), Klein Records
- Birds And Plants And Rocks And Things (2008), International DeeJay Gigolo Records
- Synchronswimmer (2001), Klein Records
- Manila (2002), Klein Records / Back Yard Recordings
- L.A. Woman (2003), Klein Records
- I Can See Clearly Now (2004), Klein Records
- You Came Along (2004), Klein Records
- Horse With No Name (2007), International DeeJay Gigolo Records
- Shirley Bassey "Moonraker" (1998), Hypnotic Records
- Tipsy "Something Tropical" (2002), Asphodel
- Sinner DC "Piano J" (2002), Polaris Records
- Mauracher "Noonee" (2003), Fabrique Records
- I N Fused "Paranoid" (2003), Art Brut
- Ethan "In My Heart" (2005), Back Yard Recordings
- Moonbootica "June" (2005), Moonbootique Recordings
- Tim & Puma Mimi "Namida" (2006), Alpinechic
- Almamy "Like You Do" (2008), ModyWorks
- Electric Blanket "My Eyes My Heart" (2008), Wankdorf Recordings