Seikadō Bunko Art Museum
In 1940, Koyata established The Seikado Foundation and opened the Seikado Bunko Library which was composed of books from his personal collection (80,000 Japanese volumes and 120,000 Chinese volumes.
In 1992, in commemoration of hundredth anniversary of the founding of the Seikado collection, this museum galleries were opened to the public.
The Seikadō Bunko Art Museum houses 6,500 books, artworks, and other cultural treasures.
The museum has a large permanent collection; and only part of it is exhibited at any one time.
- List of National Treasures of Japan (crafts: others)
- List of National Treasures of Japan (writings: Japanese books)
- Auzias, Dominique and Jean-Paul Labourdette. (2009). Japon 2009. Paris: Nouvelles éditions de l'Université. 13-ISBN 9782746923614/10-ISBN 2746923610; OCLC 664490784
- Seikadō Bunko. (1991). Art Treasures of Seikadō. Tokyo: Mitsubishi Corp. OCLC 24960203
- Seikadō Bunko Library and Art Museum website; Japanese website
- Mitsubishi Public Affairs Committee, Seikadō Bunko Library and Art Museum
- Landscapes of the Four Seasons in the Seikado Foundation
|This article related to art or architecture in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|