|Birth name||Svetlana Aleksić|
|Also known as||Seka|
23 April 1981 |
Zvornik, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia
|Genres||Turbo folk, pop, dance, techno, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer, fashion designer, actress, writer|
Aleksić was born in Zvornik, Yugoslavia (modern-day Bosnia and Herzegovina). She was born into an ethnically mixed marriage of Serb father Milorad and Bosniak mother Ibrima. Her father hails from Niš, and currently lives in Loznica. Aleksić has a younger brother named Nedžad.
Her father worked as a machinist and her mother was an employee at the Drina football club. Her parents later divorced when she was seven and she continued living with her mother. When the war in Bosnia broke out in 1992, Seka and her family fled to Serbia and lived in the village of Lipolist. She started out singing Ceca's songs in kafanas before she became famous. She moved to Switzerland for two years to boost her career in clubs and discothèques. After Switzerland she moved to Bijeljina and performed at a festival in Ćuprija, where she met her first husband. After the divorce, she met boyfriend and manager Zoran Kovačević.
In the beginning of her career as a folk-diaspora singer, she had difficulty finding gigs around the EU countries because of her Bosnian-Serbian background. Seka currently performs all around the EU.
After the 2002 Music Festival in the town of Ćuprija, Serbia, which was her first major public appearance, she has continued living and working in Serbia together with her then manager/producer Kovačević and her Chihuahua, Cezar.
Aleksić has her own clothing line, called "Šošonka", released at the same time as her third album Dođi i uzmi me (Come and Get Me, 2005). Her second clothing line is called "Queen" after her fourth album, Kraljica (Queen), was released 23 November 2007.
She recently moved out of her previous home in Sremska Mitrovica,while she was building a house in Stara Pazova she broke up with boyfriend Mladen. In 2009, she was engaged to Veljko Piljikić, and they were married at the end of 2010.
- Studio albums
- Idealno tvoja (Ideally Yours, 2002)
- Balkan (2003)
- Dođi i uzmi me (Come and Get Me, 2005)
- Kraljica (Queen, 2007)
- Slučajni partneri (Accidental Partners, 2010)
- Lom (Rumpus, 2012)
- Non-album singles
- Tamo gde si ti (There Where You Are, 2010)
- Soba 22 (Room 22, 2011)
- Šampione (Champion, 2013)
- U mraku (In the Dark, 2013)
- Mamurna (Hungover, 2014)
- Brodolom (Shipwreck, 2014)
- Catherine Baker 2007, p. 153
- "Seka Aleksić: Ne stidim se svoje majke i nisam Zuhra". Novosti. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Novi skandal – Seka Aleksić tuži Kurir". Zbrka. 18 June 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Mića Srbin, otac Seke Aleksić: Zbog njenog bivšeg dečka godinama nismo pričali!
Milorad, koji se ljudima predstavlja i kao Mića Srbin, živi u Loznici [...] "Živim u Loznici a inače sam Nišlija."
- "Spremna za ulogu majke". Story.rs. 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Rich Bitch online". Archived from the original on 30 April 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2008.
- "Šampione". Discogs. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Aleksić: Nisam rekla da nisam Srpkinja". novosti. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Biography, see Official Site