Sekolah Menengah Sains Tuanku Munawir
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Sekolah Menengah Sains Tuanku Munawir (SASER)
Berilmu Beriman Berbakti
Knowledgeable Believe Serve
|Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia|
|Type||Fully Residential School|
|School code||SMSTM (formerly SMSSr)|
|Principal||Tuan Haji Sabuddin bin Haji Sani|
|Grades||Form 4 and Form 5|
|Age range||16 - 17|
|Number of students||approx. 500|
|Classes||Alfa, Beta, Delta, Epsilon, Gamma, Iota, Omega, Sigma, Theta, Zeta|
|Houses||Tuah (Red), Lekir (Blue), Kasturi (Yellow), Jebat (Green)|
|Slogan||SASER Namamu Teratas|
|Affiliations||Sekolah Berasrama Penuh
|Alumni||SASER Old Boys' Association (SASEROBA)|
Sekolah Menengah Sains Tuanku Munawir (SASER) (English: Tuanku Munawir Science School), formerly known as Sekolah Menengah Sains Seremban (English: Seremban Science School), is an all-boys boarding school located in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. Established in February 2002, it is one of the best school under the Sekolah Berasrama Penuh (SBP) and was awarded as the best school in Malaysia for the 2009 and 2010 Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) result achievement. The school is widely known as SASER and a student of this school bears the name Saserian and Putera Saser.The school performance in SPM 2012 is the second best among SBP's with GPS 1.06.
SASER was established officially in February 2002. The school use the site and the abandoned school building of the Sekolah Datuk Abdul Razak (SDAR) which had moved to the new premises at Sungai Gadut, Seremban. Works on upgrading the abandoned school building have been carried out with the overall cost of almost RM 600 000. The upgrading works were completed on March 30, 2002.
On March 1, 2002, the first principal of SASER, Tuan Haji Md Azam bin Atan registered to the school. The first group of teachers registered on March 18, 2002 and the second group registered on March 20, 2002 - a total of 26 people.
The Pioneer Saserians
Only 122 students registered in 2002 through two intakes as the first group of students in SASER history. The second group was registered in the year 2003 stood at more than 300 people through four intakes until the end of 2004.
Sekolah Menengah Sains Seremban, which has been the country’s top residential school for Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) results, has been renamed Sekolah Menengah Sains Tuanku Munawir. It is named after the ninth ruler of Negeri Sembilan, Tuanku Munawir Tuanku Abdul Rahman, who reigned from April 5, 1960 to April 14, 1967, and is the father of the present ruler Tuanku Muhriz. The declaration of the new name was made by HRH Tuanku Muhriz at the school's Dewan Putera.
Student Selection Criteria
Only Form 4 students for the next school session are allowed to apply. These are some minimum requirements to become a SASER student:
- Achieving at least 8A's in the Penilaian Menengah Rendah.
- Have outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities.
- Boys ONLY.
- Skateboarding (Saser skateboarding)
- Rugby (Saser Dark Horse)
- Sepak Takraw
- Softball (Saser Viper)
- Table Tennis
- Basketball (Saser Raptor)
- Hockey (Saser Hornets)
- Cricket (Saser Wolf)
- Track and field
- 2006: English Debate Champion in the annual Piala Perdana Menteri (PPM)
- 2007: First Runner-up in the HKSBP Basketball Championship (Final match against the defending champion Malay College Kuala Kangsar)
- 2008: First Runner-up in the Negeri Sembilan Football Championship (Final match against SMK Tunku Ampuan Durah, a state's Project School for football)
List of Principals
- Tuan Haji Azam bin Mohd Atan (March 2002 - December 2003)
- Mr. Baharuddin bin Burhan (January 2004 - December 2004)
- Tuan Haji Mohamad Kamaludin bin Taib (January 2005 - March 2008)
- Mr. Sabuddin bin Haji Sani (March 2008 – present)
- "SM Sains Tuanku Munawir Muncul Sekolah Terbaik SPM 2010". Bernama. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2013.