The Self-Government Party
|Leader||Kári P. Højgaard|
|Colours||Green and blue|
|Politics of the Faroe Islands
Sjálvstýrisflokkurin (known in English as, variously, the Self-Government Party and the Home Rule Party) is a liberal and Autonomist political party in the Faroe Islands. It is currently led by Kári P. Højgaard.
Sjálvstýrisflokkurin traditionally supported greater autonomy for the Faroes within the Kingdom of Denmark, but in 1998 it agreed, as part of a coalition deal with Tjóðveldi and Fólkaflokkurin, to support national independence for the Faroes.
Current members of the Faroese parliament
Presidents of the Self-Government Party
- Contributions to liberal theory
- Liberalism worldwide
- List of liberal parties
- Liberal democracy
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- Christina Bergqvist (1 January 1999). Equal Democracies?: Gender and Politics in the Nordic Countries. Nordic Council of Ministers. pp. 318–. ISBN 978-82-00-12799-4.
- Jason Sorens (13 February 2012). Secessionism: Identity, Interest, and Strategy. MQUP. pp. 180–. ISBN 978-0-7735-8751-9.
- Aktuelt.fo, Nú er Kári aftur formaður í Sjálvstýrisflokkinum (Faroese)
- Kringvarp.fo, Results from the political elections 2011 and 2008
- Sjálvstýrisflokkurin official site
|This article about a political party in Denmark is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a European Liberal party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Faroe Islands article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|