From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selkirk can also refer to:
- Selkirk, Scottish Borders, a royal burgh
- Selkirk, Manitoba, a city in Manitoba, Canada
- Fort Selkirk, Yukon, a historic Hudson's Bay Company trading post and First Nation settlement on the Yukon River
- Selkirk, Kansas, an unincorporated community in Wichita County, Kansas
- Selkirk, New York, an unincorporated hamlet in the town of Bethlehem located in Albany County, New York
- Selkirk Shores State Park, on the shore of Lake Ontario, located in the town of Richland, Oswego County, New York
- Selkirk Mountains, a mountain range in British Columbia, Canada and the Idaho panhandle, USA
- Selkirk Settlers Bridge, in Winnipeg, Canada
- Lord Selkirk Park, a neighbourhood in Winnipeg, Canada
- Selkirk (surname), surname origin, and list of people with the surname
- Earl of Selkirk, a title in the Peerage of Scotland
- James Douglas-Hamilton, Baron Selkirk of Douglas, Scottish politician and Life Peer, briefly 11th Earl of Selkirk
- Thomas Douglas, 5th Earl of Selkirk, Scottish philanthropist who sponsored immigrant settlements in Canada
- Alexander Selkirk, a Scottish sailor who spent four years as a castaway when he was marooned on an uninhabited island; probably provided the inspiration for Daniel Defoe's novel Robinson Crusoe.
- Selkirk Secondary School, a High School in Kimberley, British Columbia
- Selkirk College, a community college in British Columbia
- Selkirk transmitting station - the transmitter that provides FM, digital radio and television coverage to Selkirk.
- Selkirk F.C., a football club
- Selkirk Grace, attributed to Robert Burns
- Selkirk (horse), (1988–2013), a North American-bred, thoroughbred racehorse that raced mainly in Europe.
- Selkirk hurdle, a description of the route that freight trains must take from New York City to points west of the Hudson River
- Selkirk locomotive, a type of steam locomotive built by Montreal Locomotive Works
- Selkirk RFC, a rugby club
- Selkirk Rex, a breed of cat with curly hair
- International Selkirk Loop, a route in Idaho, Washington, and British Columbia skirting the Selkirk Mountains
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.