Selmer Bringsjörd (born November 24, 1958) is the chair of the Department of Cognitive Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is also a professor of Computer Science and Cognitive Science. He conducts research in Artificial Intelligence as the director of the Rensselaer AI & Reasoning Lab (RAIR). He advocates counter-terrorism security ensured by pervasive, all-seeing sensors; automated reasoners; and autonomous, lethal robots.
- with Yang, Y. Mental Metalogic: A New, Unifying Theory of Human and Machine Reasoning (Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum).(2007)
- with Zenzen, M. Superminds: People Harness Hypercomputation, and More (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer). (2003)
- with Ferrucci, D. Artificial Intelligence and Literary Creativity: Inside the Mind of Brutus, A Storytelling Machine (Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum).(2000)
- Abortion: A Dialogue (Indianapolis, IN: Hackett).(1997)
- What Robots Can and Can’t Be (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer).(1992)
- Soft Wars (New York, NY: Penguin USA). A novel.(1991)
- PDF (265 KB)
- "Cognitive Science Department: People". Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- "Rensselaer Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (RAIR) Laboratory: People". Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- Selmer Bringsjord (August 9, 2007). "Only a Technology Triad can Tame Terror" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-08-16.
- Selmer Bringsjord; Joshua Taylor (May 31, 2005). "An Argument for P = NP" (PDF). Retrieved 2006-11-28.
- Department of Cognitive Science at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rensselaer AI & Reasoning Lab
- Selmer Bringsjord personal web site at RPI
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|