|Elevation||1,180 m (3,870 ft)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Sembabule is a town in Central Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Sembabule District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Sembabule is located approximately 48 kilometres (30 mi) by road northwest of Masaka, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 160 kilometres (99 mi) by road southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and that country's largest city. The coordinates of the town are:0°04'48.0"S, 31°27'36.0"E (Latitude:-0.0800; Longitude:31.4600).
The 2002 national census estimated the population of the town to be about 4,010. In 2010, Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the town's population at about 4,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Sembabule at 4,800.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within town or near the town limits:
- The headquarters of Sembabule District Administration
- The offices of Sembabule Town Council
- Sembabule Central Market
- Bigo bya Mugenyi - A prehistoric human settlement, dating back to the Iron Age, circa: (1200–1000 BC)
- "Distance Between Masaka And Sembabule With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Sembabule With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Location of Sembabule At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- UBOS, . "Estimated Population of Sembabule In 2002, 2010 & 2011". Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.