Sembawang MRT Station
Platform level of Sembawang MRT station.
|Location||11 Canberra Road
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Opened||10 February 1996|
When the North South Line Woodlands Extension was proposed in 1990, Sembawang was not included on this planned route. It was later included as a provisional station to be built at later stage. However, the government later decided to construct this station as part of the extension. The station was opened on 10 February 1996 along with the other five stations on the Woodlands Extension. When the station was opened, there is nothing except the Canberra Road and under construction Sembawang New Town. This was resolved in 1998 because of the accelerating development of Sembawang New Town.
Following numerous incidents of commuters falling on the tracks and unauthorised intrusions, the Land Transport Authority made the decision in 2008 to install half-height platform screen doors for all above-ground stations in phases. Installation started on 29 October 2011 and the screen doors began operation on 31 January 2012.
High volume, low speed (HVLS) fans
Station installed with Rite Hite Revolution High Volume, Low Speed (HVLS) fans and commenced operations on 9 November 2012 together with Admiralty.
|L2||Platform A||North South Line towards via Jurong East (→) Admiralty|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right|
|Platform B||North South Line towards via Marina South Pier (←) Yishun
North South Line (under planning) towards via Marina South Pier Canberra (←)
|L1||NSL Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control|
|Street Level||Sembawang Bus Interchange, Sun Plaza|
- A: Sembawang Bus Interchange
- B: Jelutong CC, Sembawang NPC, 3M and Seagate Building, Sembawang Drive, Sembawang Sec Sch
- C: Sembawang Way
- D: Admiralty Country Club, Assyafaah Mosque, Canberra Road, Wellington Pri Sch
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon – Fri||Sat||Sunday &
|North South Line|
|to NS1 Jurong East||5.31am||5.30am||5.54am||11.57pm|
|to NS28 Marina South Pier||5.34am||5.34am||5.53am||11.21pm|
|to NS19 Toa Payoh||–||–||–||11.57pm|
|to NS16 Ang Mo Kio||–||–||–||12.31am|
|to NS7 Kranji||–||–||–||12.46am|
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (10 November 2003). "Woodlands MRT line". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (14 November 2003). "Sembawang MRT Station". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Wong, Siew Ying (26 January 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|