Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park
|Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park|
|Parcul Național Semenic-Cheile Carașului|
|Area||35.66480 hectares (88.1296 acres)|
The Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park (Romanian: Parcul Naţional Semenic-Cheile Caraşului) is a protected area (national park category II IUCN) situated in southwest Romania, in Caraş-Severin County.
Semenic-Cheile Carașului National Park with an area of 35.664,80 ha was declared protected area by the Law Number 5 of March 06, 2000 (published in Romania Official Paper Number 152 on April 12, 2000) and represents a mountainous area (canyons, caves, pit caves, sinkholes, ridges, valleys, pasture, forests) what shelters a large variety of flora and fauna, some of the species endemics (the Semenic flower) or very rarely.
Protected areas included in the park: Cheile Carașului (578 ha), Groposu (883,60 ha), Bârzavița (3.406,90 ha), Buhui-Mărgitaș (979 ha), Cheile Gârliștei(517 ha), Izvoarele Carașului (578 ha), Izvoarele Nerei (5.28 ha), Buhui Cave (0,10), Comarnic Cave (0,10), Popovăț Cave(0,10) and Răsuflătoarei Cave (1,10).
- European route E70-Bucureşti - Craiova - Drobeta-Turnu Severin - Orşova - Topleţ - National road DN6 - Mehadia
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Semenic-Cheile Caraşului National Park - coords; retrieved on June 06, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Semenic-Cheile Caraşului National Park - location; retrieved on June 06, 2012
- (Romanian) apmcs.anpm.ro - Agenţia pentru Protecţia Mediului Caraş-Severin; retrieved on June 09, 2012
- (Romanian) cdep.ro - Legea Nr.5 din 6 martie 2000; retrieved on June 09, 2002