Semih playing for Galatasaray in 2012
|Full name||Semih Kaya|
|Date of birth||24 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Bergama, Turkey|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2004||Helvacı Bld. Gençlik ve Spor|
|2010||→ Gaziantepspor (loan)||1||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Kartalspor (loan)||18||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He joined Galatasaray's youth academy from Altay's youth team when he was 15.
On 25 February 2007, when he was playing with older young players in the season of Süper Gençler Ligi (Super Teen League), in the match between Galatasaray and Beşiktaş at the 5th minute of the game a kick from Batuhan Karadeniz came to his head, he collided, had to leave game and went to a hospital for a head surgery (Coagulation).
His first league appearance was against İstanbul B.B. on 19 February 2009. After not getting play time, he joined fellow Süper Lig club Gaziantepspor on loan in January 2010 for the remainder of the season and, in the summer of 2010 he signed for Turkish First League side Kartalspor on loan. On 18 October 2010, he scored two goals in the A2 Lig game against Altay.
Return to Galatasaray
At the beginning of the 2011–12 season, he wasn't selected in first eleven, but following injuries to other players, notably Gokhan Zan and fall in form of Servet Cetin, Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim gave him a chance to prove himself. Following a series of solid performances, he soon became first-choice centreback with Tomas Ujfalusi.
Semih scored his first goal for the club against Samsunspor on 7 January 2012, in the 51st Minute in 2–0 comeback as the game ended 4–2 for Galatasaray. In the 2011–12 season, he played 30 games and was a key member of the championship-winning squad. He continued to be first choice centre-back for the club and country delivering calm and confident performances despite his age against top teams such as Manchester United and Holland. He finished his second year with 36 appearances all competitions comprised. On 18 November 2013, his contract was extended for 3 years until 2016.
He has played for all levels of the Turkey national team including the Under-21 level despite his young age. He made his debut for the full side on 29 February 2012, playing the entire game against Slovakia in a 2-1 loss.
|Turkey national team|
- Süper Lig (3): 2007–08, 2011–12, 2012–13
- Süper Kupa (3): 2008, 2012, 2013
- Türkiye Kupası (1): 2013–14
- Inter Milan interest in Semih
- "Semih makes his debut". TFF.org. 2009-04-19. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- Duyuru: Semih Kaya
- "Semih ve Erhan Kartal'a". Pasfotomac.com.tr. 2010-07-22. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- "Samsunspor 2 – 4 Galatasaray". Galatasaray.org. 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- "Galatasaray Semih'in sözleşmesini uzattı". Skorer. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "Türkiye 1-2 Slovakya". TFF.org. 2012-04-09. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "Semih Kaya". National Football Teams. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
- "Futbolcu Bilgileri". Turkish Football Federation. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 27 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Semih Kaya.|
- Semih Kaya on Twitter
- Statistics at TFF.org (Turkish)
- Semih Kaya – UEFA competition record
- Semih Kaya – FIFA competition record
- Statistics at Mackolik.com (Turkish)