|36th Mayor of Sarajevo|
March 2005 – January 2009
|Preceded by||Muhidin Hamamdžić|
|Succeeded by||Alija Behmen|
2 March 1955 |
Sarajevo, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia
|Political party||Party of Democratic Action|
She was elected as mayor of Sarajevo on 29 March 2005 and served until 2009.
Borovac attended first the "Ahmet Fetahagić" elementary school and then the "Druga Gimnazija" secondary school in Sarajevo. She went on to university, graduating from the Sarajevo Law School in 1977 and qualifying as a judge in 2000. In 2001 she also qualified as a trainer with the Citizens' Association for Local Development Initiative.
- 1977-1982: Regular collaborators at Trade Union of Republic of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 1982-1986: Administrative inspectors at Community New Sarajevo
- 1986-1990: Secretary of Associated Labor Council at SO New Sarajevo
- 1990-1992: Deputy of secretary SO New Sarajevo
- 1992-1995: Deputy of secretary IO New Sarajevo
- 1996: Head of chief’s office for Community New Sarajevo
- 1996-2000: Assistant minister of justice of the Sarajevo Canton
- 1998-2000: Proxy at the House of Representatives of Parliament of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH)
- 2000-2005: Delegate at the Congress of Canton Sarajevo, Delegate at the House of Nations of Parliament of FBiH, President of the Bosniaks’ Club at the House of Nations of Parliament of FBiH
- 2005: During Constitutional Conference of Municipal Council of Sarajevo, is elected on 14 June 2005 to be mayor of Sarajevo (the first female mayor in the history of Sarajevo)
- 2000: Secretary of Cantonal Committee of the Party of Democratic Action (SDA) Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), Sarajevo
- 2001: Presiding over III Congress of SDA BiH
- 2001: Member of the Commission for Bylaw and Operating Procedure of SDA
- 2002: Member of the Group for Juristically Questions of the Council of SDA
- 2002: President of the Labor Presidency of the 1st Convention of SDA
- 2005: Presiding over IV Congress of SDA
Borovac is married with two daughters.
- "Diplomatic Diary: UN official in Cyprus to revive reunification talks". Southeast European Times. 17 January 2008. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- "Obama to propose new fuel standards". United Press International. 19 May 2009. Retrieved 14 January 2010.