|• Member of Parliament||Edward W. Sempala Mbuga|
|Elevation||1,180 m (3,870 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Semuto is located approximately 36 kilometres (22 mi), by road, northwest of Matugga on the Matugga-Kapeeka Road. This location lies approximately 55 kilometres (34 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are:0°37'12.0"N, 32°19'40.0"E (Latitude:0.620000; Longitude:32.327778).
The Matugga-Kapeeka Road is a 42 kilometres (26 mi) road that links Matugga in Wakiso District to Kapeeka in Nakaseke District. The road goes through Gombe in Wakiso District and Semuto. The road was upgraded from gravel to bitumen at an estimated cost of US$20 million. 65% of the funding was provided by the Government of Uganda, while 35% was provided by the Nordic Development Fund. The work was carried out by China Chongqing International Construction Corporation (CICO). COWI, a Danish Consultancy firm supervised the work. Construction was completed in late 2011.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are found within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The offices of Semuto Town Council
- The Matugga-Kapeeka Road - The road goes through the middle of town
- Semuto Central Market - The largest fresh-produce market in Semuto.
- Semuto Health Center IV - A health facility administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Semuto Church of Uganda - A place of worship belonging to the Church of Uganda
- "Road Distance Between Matugga And Semuto With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Distance Between Kampala And Semuto". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Semuto At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Kiwanuka, Frederick (9 December 2008). "Chinese Firm To Construct 41 Kilometer Semuto-Matugga Road". New Vision. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Ninsiima, Racheal (14 July 2013). "Uganda Census Planned for 2014". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 20 July 2014.