|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
The Seneca tribe is one of the six nations of the Iroquois Confederacy from the northeastern United States. Some important figures in Seneca mythology were:
- Eagentci, whose name translates as "ancient-bodied one", is the Earth-mother, or First Mother.
- Dijien was a man-sized spider who survived most attacks because its heart was buried underground.
- Othegwenhda stabbed the heart under the Earth with a tree limb.
- Dagwanoenyent is a vicious northern witch who is depicted as a whirlwind. Her child's father killed her.
- Hagondes is a cannibalistic trickster and clown spirit.
- Kaakwha (also Kanawha) is the solar deity and god of light and truth, subordinate to Hawenniyo, a fertility god.
- The Dahdahwat are animals who appear in dreams and visions.
- Gagqa is the crow spirit.
- Awaeh Tegendji is an old woman who lives with her three beautiful daughters.
- Gijesa are spirits of the night sky.
- Hadowe are the Iroquois' equivalent of Dryads.