Cover of the first Blu-ray Disc volume
(Senki Zesshō Shinfogia)
|Genre||Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Music, Magical Girl|
|Written by||Akifumi Kaneko,
|Illustrated by||Dan Yoshii|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Original run||November 2011 – April 2013|
|Anime television series|
|Senki Zesshō Symphogear|
|Directed by||Tatsufumi Itō|
|Written by||Akifumi Kaneko|
|Music by||Noriyasu Agematsu,
|Studio||Encourage Films, Satelight|
|Original run||January 6, 2012 – March 30, 2012|
|Anime television series|
|Senki Zesshō Symphogear G|
|Directed by||Katsumi Ono|
|Written by||Akifumi Kaneko|
|Music by||Elements Garden|
|Studio||Encourage Films, Satelight|
|Original run||July 4, 2013 – September 26, 2013|
|Anime television series|
Symphogear, also known as Senki Zesshō Symphogear (戦姫絶唱シンフォギア Senki Zesshō Shinfogia?, lit. Swan Song of the Valkyries: Symphogear), is a Japanese anime television series produced by Encourage Films, with production assistance from Satelight, which aired on Tokyo MX between January 6, 2012 and March 30, 2012. A second season entitled Senki Zesshō Symphogear G aired between July 4, 2013 and September 26, 2013. A third season was announced in December 2013 at the 2013 Symphogear Live event.
Two years ago, a pair of idols, Tsubasa Kazanari and Kanade Amō, collectively known as ZweiWing, fought against an alien race known as Noise using armor known as Symphogear. To protect a girl named Hibiki Tachibana, who got severely wounded by the Noise, Kanade sacrificed herself. Two years later, as Tsubasa has fought the Noise alone, Hibiki ends up gaining the same power as Kanade.
- Hibiki Tachibana (立花 響 Tachibana Hibiki?)
- Voiced by: Aoi Yūki
- A cheerful, rather childish schoolgirl who attends the same school as Tsubasa. Two years ago while attending a ZweiWing concert, she was nearly killed by the Noise, barely surviving thanks to the sacrifice of Kanade, who taught her never to accept death. During the first episode, when she becomes cornered by the Noise, she sings the same song she heard Kanade sing and ended up gaining Symphogear powers due a fragment of Kanade's armor that entered her body that day. Her Symphogear is Third Relic - Gungnir (ガングニール Gangunīru?), which originally belonged to Kanade. However since it is only a fragment, she originally possesses less armor compared to the original, though the armor itself is capable of transforming in the same manner as an Arms Gear to a limited degree. She compensates for this by specialising in powerful martial arts, using short bursts of energy and pistons to power her punches or launch herself great distances. Whenever she becomes really angry, she sometimes enters a state of frenzy. She is seen capable of using Durandal, and uses it in the final battle against Finé with the help of her friends. She was thought to be dead after destroying a large section of the moon to save Earth, along with Tsubasa and Chris, but she actually survived, along with the others. Her Armed Gear were originally pile-bunkers, but eventually gained the form of a lance. Her theme color is orange. In the second season, it is shown that the Gungnir relic is spreading through her body, growing more with every transformation, which gives her increasingly explosive power but will eventually lead to Gungnir bursting out from inside her body and killing her. She manages to cure this thanks to the laser from Miku's gear removing hers, completely cleanse her body of Gungnir fragment thus fully disabling her transformation. In the final battle at frontier she manages to revive her symphogear by using energy from Maria's Black Gungnir . Her first name means "Sound", while her family name means "Standing flower".
- Tsubasa Kazanari (風鳴 翼 Kazanari Tsubasa?)
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki
- A girl who has the power to use Symphogear armor, which uses music to fight off against aliens known as Noise. She was formally a part of a duo known as ZweiWing (lit. Two Wings, from German: zwei - two), but her partner, Kanade, sacrificed herself fighting the Noise and she has since been fighting the Noise alone. After the death of her partner Kanade, to whom she is rather attached with after witnessing Kanade's urge to fight the noise, Tsubasa became quiet, cold and aloof. She is very reluctant to work with Hibiki, refusing to accept her as Kanade's replacement, but she and Hibiki eventually get to be good friends. Her Symphogear is the First Relic - Ame no Habakiri (天羽々斬?) (Totsuka-no-Tsurugi) and her Armed Gear is a long katana. She is also a rather popular pop idol, though she refuses to sing in concerts or accept proposals to release her songs internationally, viewing herself only as a weapon that sings only to fight. However, after "talking" to Kanade after singing her Superb Song, Tsubasa starts to open up to Hibiki, and even sings in the place where Kanade was killed, and later, accepting a contract overseas. She dies in the explosion of Kadingir, when she destroys it, but was revived with the Symphogear. She was thought to be dead once again after destroying a large section of the moon to save Earth, along with Hibiki and Chris, but she actually survived, along with the others. Her weapon is a katana, and her theme color is blue. Her first name means "Wing", while her family name means "Crying Wind".
- Chris Yukine (雪音 クリス Yukine Kurisu?)
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki
- A mysterious girl who wields the Nehushtan Armor (ネフシュタンの鎧 Nefushutan no Yoroi?) and has the ability to summon and command Noise at will. She also possesses the Symphogear, the Second Relic - Ichii-bal, Ichaival (イチイバル Ichii-baru?). She hates singing because of the destruction it causes. Even though she is violent, she is very kind sometimes. After her fight with Hibiki, she found out Finé lied to her in order to use her. She spent 6 years of her life being trafficking from research for compatibility with the Relic. She was being mistreated thus gained a hatred for adults. Genjuurou was supposed to be her legal guardian when her parents passed away, but she ran away 2 years before the series. She and Genjuurou make up and she is willingly cooperating with Tsubasa and Hibiki only under Genjuurou. She dies while trying to protect the moon, remembering her parents' sacrifice, but is revived with the Symphogear. She was thought to be dead once again after destroying a large section of the moon to save Earth, along with Tsubasa and Hibiki, but she actually survived, along with the others. Her weapon is a bullet and missile shooter, and her theme color is red. Her first name is foreign, but is initially derived from a Greek word meaning "anointed", and her family name means "The sound of the snow".
- Miku Kohinata (小日向 未来 Kohinata Miku?)
- Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi
- Hibiki's best friend, who shares a dorm with her and is often concerned for her safety. After a Noise attack, she figures out about Hibiki's secret, where they have a little trouble in their friendship, but Miku eventually joins the 2nd Division Mobile Disaster Response Corps to help Hibiki. In the second season, she is coerced by Dr. Ver into becoming the user of the Relic - Shen Shoujing (神獣鏡 shenshoujin?, lit. "God Beast Mirror"), with her Arms Gear being several reflective mirrors she can use to fire lasers that can negate the effects of relics. She is freed from it after Hibiki puts her in the path of her own negating laser. Her first name means "Future", while her family name means "A small place in the sun".
- Kanade Amou (天羽 奏 Amō Kanade?)
- Voiced by: Minami Takayama
- Tsubasa's former partner who fought alongside her. Five years ago, when her family was killed in a Noise attack, she was given harsh medical treatment to make her body compatible with the Gungnir relic, to which she consented to, hoping to avenge them. She had since performed alongside Tsubasa, growing an appreciation for letting others hear her songs and forming the vocal duo, ZweiWing. Two years ago, she sacrificed herself to protect Hibiki during a Noise attack, singing her superb song which destroyed them and herself. During the attack, a piece of her armor was implanted in Hibiki's body, allowing her to use the same powers. She continues to support Tsubasa in her times of need through her spirit and Tsubasa's dreams. Her Symphogear is the Third Relic - Gungnir which is the same as Hibiki's, but has more armor and an Armed Gear which is a lance. Her theme color is orange. Her first name means "To play (an instrument or song)", while her family name means "Heaven's wings".
- Maria Cadenzavna Eve (マリア・カデンツァヴナ・イヴ Maria Kadentsavuna Ivu?)
- Voiced by: Yōko Hikasa
- An energetic singer who reached the top of the American music charts about 2 months after her debut. Although it has a mysterious quality, her vigorous singing voice has crossed over international borders and garnered a large number of wild and enthusiastic fans throughout the world. To bring forth justice, she has risen as an enemy against all of humanity, clad in a Gungnir Symphogear that is outside of the Japanese government’s control. Her weapon is the Black Gungnir, a spear similar in form to Kanade's but with different features including a powerful cannon mode, and her theme color is black. Maria initially claims to be the newest reincarnation of Finé, but this is eventually revealed to be a ruse. Like Kanade, Maria is reliant on LiNKER to maintain synchronization with her Symphogear, giving her a time limit in battle and causing her superb song to be potentially fatal.
- Shirabe Tsukuyomi (月読 調 Tsukuyomi Shirabe?)
- Voiced by: Yoshino Nanjō
- One of the mysterious Symphogear users who coordinates with Maria’s team. Although she appears docile on the outside, she is actually a bold tactician that has frequently used any means necessary to meet her goals. She harbors strong feelings of distrust against Hibiki, who has been named a hero after saving the Earth from a moon fragment, and she will constantly belittle Hibiki’s actions by calling her a “hypocrite”. Later in the battle between her and Kirika, it is revealed that she is the true inherited descendant of Finé. Her weapons are disc blades stored in several parts of her body, and her theme color is pink. Her first name means "Tune", and her last name is the name of the moon goddess in Japanese (the name has the word "moon" in it).
- Kirika Akatsuki (暁 切歌 Akatsuki Kirika?)
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano
- Kirika is another one of the mysterious Symphogear users. Although she has a very straightforward cheerful and cooperative personality, she harbors a shadowy past as one of the “Receptor Children” who was treated as an observation subject at a certain research facility along with Maria, Serena, Shirabe and others. The bonds between Kirika and her friends are so strong that she feels no fear from fighting against the entire world. Thought to be the true inherited descendant of Finé when she suddenly uses Finé's powers to protect herself and Shirabe from falling debris, it is later revealed in the battle between her and Shirabe, she is not the next Finé after reveled that Shirabe is the true inherited descendant of Finé. Her weapon is a scythe, and her theme color is green. Her first name means "Cutting a song (in the middle)", and her last name means "Dawn" (a hint to the sun).
2nd Division Mobile Disaster Response Corps
- Genjuurou Kazanari (風鳴 弦十郎 Kazanari Genjūrō?)
- Voiced by: Hideo Ishikawa
- Leader of the 2nd Division Mobile Disaster Response Corps. He is also Tsubasa's uncle and a fan of action movies. His physical strength is strong enough to deflect Tsubasa's Symphogear and her Arms Gear alone. After the attack by the girl in the Nehushtan Armor (who was soon figured out to be Chris), he becomes Hibiki's teacher in martial arts at her request. After his encounter with Chris, he vowed to save her for the errors he made in the past. When Chris' parents died 8 years back, he gained custody of her because her parents trusted him, but she ran off. Genjuurou and Chris made up and she willingly cooperates with Tsubasa and Hibiki under Genjuurou's supervision only. He starts to get suspicious of Ryōko's activities.
- Shinji Ogawa (緒川 慎次 Ogawa Shinji?)
- Voiced by: Sōichirō Hoshi
- One of the agents of the Mobile Disaster Response Corps and Tsubasa's businessman during her shows.
- Aoi Tomosato (友里 あおい Tomosato Aoi?)
- Voiced by: Asami Seto
- She works in Mobile Disaster Response Corps and is always in the underground part of the school.
- Sakuya Fujitaka (藤尭 朔也 Fujitaka Sakuya?)
- Voiced by: Kenji Akabane
- He works in Mobile Disaster Response Corps and is always in the underground part of the school.
- Yumi Itaba (板場 弓美 Itaba Yumi?)
- Voiced by: Chinatsu Akasaki
- Hibiki and Miku's classmate and friend. She has always loved anime, so that at first thought Hibiki was participating in one, assuming another identity.
- Kuriyo Andou (安藤 創世 Andō Kuriyo?)
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
- Another one of Hibiki and Miku's classmates and friends. Calls Hibiki Bukki all the time and Miku Hina both most likely due to there names.
- Shiori Terashima (寺島 詩織 Terashima Shiori?)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- Another one of Hibiki and Miku's classmates and friends. Calls her friends by last name.
- Masahito Shibata (斯波田 賢仁 Shibata Masahito?)
- Voiced by: Hidekatsu Shibata
- The Vice President of Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He is often caught up in dealing with the complexities of current world affairs, but his main duty is to protect the Japanese government’s national interest and the black art crystallized technology of the Symphogear system. Although he is often seen as having a rude personality, he is the only man that understands Genjuurou, and is generally a person who cooperates with the Special Disaster Response Team’s operations.
- Serena Cadenzavna Eve (セレナ・カデンツァヴナ・イヴ Serena Kadentsavuna Ivu?)
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- Maria’s younger sister who successfully became a Symphogear user and displays unparalleled talent. With her calm and gentle personality, she feels hesitant to use her gear’s power for the purpose of fighting. Her tender singing voice soothes Maria’s soul, and her smile has become the very foundation of Maria’s determination. Five years ago, she sacrificed herself by singing her superb song to seal the Nephilim that was rampaging to protect Maria, Nastassja and the other Scientists.
- Professor Nastassja (ナスターシャ教授 Nasutāsha-kyouju?)
- Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue
- A heretical engineer who supports the operations of Maria’s team. After the events of the “lunar attack”, one segment of information regarding the sacred relics was released to the public, however the knowledge that Nastassja holds is far greater than that. Although she looks upon Maria’s team with kind eyes, in order to help them achieve their difficult mission she intentionally treats them very strictly. She always sits on a wheelchair.
- Ryōko Sakurai (櫻井 了子 Sakurai Ryōko?) /Finé (フィーネ Fīne?)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Head Scientist of the Mobile Disaster Response Corps and creator of the Symphogear. She has the ability to form powerful force-fields. She tends to display some sexual tendencies towards Hibiki. Her loyalties are somehow questionable, as she concerns herself more over the Symphogears and armors. She is soon revealed to be the main antagonist, Finé, who had possessed Ryoko's body long ago to use the power of Kadingir (Sumerian name of Babylon) to destroy the moon and bring about chaos on the earth.
- As Finé, she is revealed to be an ancient priestess who had served God and in time came to love Him (perhaps in a romantic fashion). It is heavily implied that it was she who had the Tower of Babel built in an attempt to reach Him, but her efforts were confounded when He threw down the Tower and inflicted the Curse of Balal (the Hebrew word from where the word Babel was derived). Undeterred, her soul was passed down through her descendants and that her consciousness would awaken whenever coming into contact with the Aufwachen (awakening in German) wavelength given off by the Relics. According to her, she was responsible for the paradigm shifts that had changed humanity throughout history, working through the bodies of her descendants. Due to this reason, she is essentially immortal, capable of resurrection so as long her DNA is passed down. Finé is convinced that only pain could unite humanity, and had used this as a reason whenever she tortured Chris as punishment or her own entertainment. After Ryoko dies, her consciousness goes to Shirabe, but when Shirabe takes the hit when Kirika meant to commit suicide, Finé takes the hit instead and died protecting Shirabe.
- Dr. Ver (ウェル博士 Ueru-hakase?)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita
- A researcher who was transferred from the USA’s sacred relic research institution and works together with the Special Disaster Response Team Division 2 to analyze the Sakurai Theory, though this was quickly revealed as a ruse to secure Solomon's Cane. As an expert on biochemistry, he has demonstrated an aptitude for research involving the bonding of living organisms to sacred relics. Deeply ambitious, Ver is fascinated with the Symphogears and their users, and developed a more advanced form of the LiNKER drug that allows sync ratios to be raised by force along with a counteragent. He is also visibly insane, prone to sudden and extreme outbursts of emotion despite his normally calm demeanor. It's later revealed that he planned to make the moon crash to Earth so he can repopulate humanity himself.
||This section describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (June 2013)|
- Noise (ノイズ Noizu?)
- Plotted as an unknown race that has appeared throughout series' times. Taking many forms, these creatures kill humans by turning them into carbon dust on contact. However, they are weak against the special properties of the Symphogear. It is revealed in-story that they are a product of the curse of Balal and are created by humanity's wish to eliminate each other.
- Solomon's Cane (ソロモンの杖 Soromon no Tsuē?)
- An artifact that allows the user to summon and control the Noise. It is used by several users throughout the show, primarily by Finé during the first season and Dr. Ver during the second.
- Relic (聖遺物 Sēibutsu?)
- Prehistoric instruments of unknown technology that is used to form the core of Symphogear. Each Relic holds different properties and will manifest in different forms with different power, when crafted into a Symphogear.
- Most Symphogears are crafted from Relic fragments, but there are cases where users can equip complete Relic (完全聖遺物 Kanzēn Sēibutsu?)(such as Durandal) and unleash their power. They are significantly more powerful than Relic fragments, but are much harder to control.
- Symphogear (シンフォギア Shinfogia?)
- A powerful armor initially used to combat the Noise, with many limiters that are initially locked. They are activated when its user uses a song to harmonise with a relic.
- Most Symphogears has a ultimate form called X-Drive Form, where most of its limiters are released, giving the user immense power, capable of destroying a great ammount of noise at once. Depending on the number of limiters released, the armor may manifest in different forms under X-Drive mode.
- Armed Gear (アームドギア Āmudo Gia?)
- Powerful weapons manifested with each Symphogear, that can take many forms based on the properties of each individual gear. Hibiki is the exception since her relic is a fragment. In G final episode she obtain one like that of Kanade's but directly connected to her right hand
- Superb Song / Swan Song (絶唱 Zesshō?)
- A song sung by a Symphogear user that unleashes the full power of the Symphogear into a massive attack. However, even tiny amounts of discord between the user and their Symphogear cause severe damage to the user's body. For Gear users who rely on LiNKER to boost their sync rates, such as Kanade, using the superb song will almost always be fatal, while a user with a naturally high sync rate can endure the song but will require hospitalization. Hibiki, due to being fused with her relic, has the ability to use her superb song much more freely than other Gear users and can even drain the energy out of other superb songs, though this ability is still a severe burden on her.
The anime, produced by Encourage Films and assisted by Satelight, began airing in Japan on Tokyo MX between January 6, 2012 and March 30, 2012. Funimation Entertainment licensed the series for North America and simulcast the series on Nico Nico. On September 5, 2012, Thomas Romain, an animator on the series, wrote on Twitter "for the ones who liked Symphogear, there will be good news soon!", later revealing on October 6, 2012 that production on a second season has begun. The second season, titled Senki Zesshō Symphogear G, aired between July 4, 2013 and September 26, 2013. A third season was announced in December 2013 at the 2013 Symphogear Live event.
- Opening Theme
- "Synchrogazer" by Nana Mizuki (Season 1) (Ending episode 12)
- "Vitalization" by Nana Mizuki and Daisuke Kikuta (Season 2) (Ending episode 12)(Insert Episode 13)
- Ending Theme
- "Meteor Light" by Ayahi Takagaki (Season 1) (Opening ep. 12)
- "Next Destination" by Ayahi Takagaki (Season 2) (Opening ep. 12)
- Season 1 Insert Songs
- "Wing of Backlight" (逆光のフリューゲル Gyakkō no Furyūgeru?) (Flügel is German for wing) by Nana Mizuki and Minami Takayama (Ep. 1, Ep. 13)
- "Orbital Beat" by Nana Mizuki and Minami Takayama (Ep. 1)
- "To Say You Sound Exhausted In the Rhythm" (君ト云ウ 音奏デ 尽キルマデ Kimi to Iu Oto Kanade Tsukiru made?) by Minami Takayama (Ep. 1)
- "Absolute Sword - Ame no Habakiri" (絶刀・天羽々斬 Zettō Ame no Habakiri?) by Nana Mizuki (Ep. 1-4, 7, 12)
- "Offensive Spear - Gungnir" (撃槍・ガングニール Gekisō Gangunīru?) by Aoi Yūki (Ep. 2-5)
- "The Sound & Echo That is Me and Beyond" (私ト云ウ 音響キ ソノ先ニ Watashi to Iu Oto Hibiki Sono Saki Ni?) by Aoi Yūki (Ep. 6-8, 10)
- "Enchanted Bow - Ichii-bal" (魔弓・イチイバル Mayumi Ichībaru?) by Ayahi Takagaki (Ep. 7-8, 10-11)
- "A Hole in the Bucket of Love" (恋の桶狭間 Koi no Okehazama?) by Nana Mizuki (Ep. 9)
- "Flight Feathers" by Nana Mizuki (Ep. 9)
- "Bonds Formed from Holding Hands" (繋いだ手だけが紡ぐもの Tsunaida Te Dakega Tsumugumono?) by Ayahi Takagaki (Ep. 10)
- "First Love Song" by Aoi Yūki, Nana Mizuki and Ayahi Takagaki (Ep. 13)
- Season 2 Insert Songs
- "Apple" by Yōko Hikasa and Yui Horie (ep. 1, 5, 9, 13)
- "Dark Oblivion" by Yōko Hikasa (ep. 1)
- "Believe in Justice and Seize it" (正義を信じて、握り締めて Seigi wo Shinjite, Nigirishime te?) by Aoi Yūki (ep. 1, 5, 7)
- "Flame of Phoenix" (不死鳥のフランメ Fushichō no Furanme?) by Yōko Hikasa and Nana Mizuki (ep. 1)
- "Burst Spear - Gungnir" (烈槍・ガングニール Retsuyari Gungnir?) by Yōko Hikasa (ep. 1, 4, 8, 12)
- "Moon Splendor Sword" (月煌ノ剣 Gekkō no Tsurugi?) by Nana Mizuki (ep. 2, 3, 9, 11)
- "Saw of Ashes - Shul Shagana" (鏖鋸・シュルシャガナ Oukyo Shul Shagana?) by Yoshino Nanjō (ep. 2, 8, 9)
- "Bye Bye Lullaby" by Ayahi Takagaki (ep. 3, 9, 10)
- "Hellscythe Igarima" (獄鎌・イガリマ Gokuren Igarima?) by Ai Kayano (ep. 4)
- "Currently Uniformed! Lightning Detective Bang" (現着ッ!電光刑事バン Genchaku! Denkō Keiji Ban?) by Chinatsu Akasaki, Mikako Komatsu and Nao Tōyama (ep. 4)
- "Classroom Monochrome" (教室モノクローム Kyōshitsu Monokurōmu?) by Ayahi Takagaki (ep. 4)
- "Orbital Beat" by Yoshino Nanjō and Ai Kayano (ep. 5)
- "Hero's Tale" (英雄故事 Eiyū Koji?) by Hideo Ishikawa and Aoi Yūki (ep. 9)
- "Rainbow Flower" by Aoi Yūki (ep. 10)
- "Distorted mirror - Shen Shoujing" (歪鏡・シェンショウジン Waikyou Shen Shoujing)" by Yuka Iguchi (ep.10)
- "Edge Works of Goddess ZABABA" by Yoshino Nanjō and Ai Kayano (ep.11, 12)
- "Absolute Sword - Ame no Habakiri" (絶刀・天羽々斬 Zettō Ame no Habakiri?) by Nana Mizuki (Ep.12)
- "BABEL(Song) of the Beginning" (始まりの歌(バベル）Hajimari no BABEL) by Aoi Yūki , Nana Mizuki, Ayahi Takagaki , Yoshino Nanjō, Ai Kayano & Yōko Hikasa (Ep.13)
- "Rainbow Wings" (虹色のフリューゲル Niji Iro no Furyūgeru) by Aoi Yūki , Nana Mizuki, Ayahi Takagaki , Yoshino Nanjō, Ai Kayano & Yōko Hikasa (Ep.13)
Appearances in other media
- "Senhime Zesshō Symphogear Music Battle TV Anime to Air". Anime News Network. October 6, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- "Symphogear Music Battle TV Anime's 1st Promo Streamed". Anime News Network. 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- There is no plural form in Japanese.
- Transcription from season 1, episode 7 (Ichii-bal awakening).
- Transcription from season 2 opening.
- Also known as Yewfelle, a holy bow from Fire Emblem games.
- "Genjuuro's Angels: New character introductions".
- "Niconico to Stream High School DxD, Symphogear, Milky Holmes 2". Anime News Network. 2012-01-23. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Symphogear Artist: Good News for Fans Soon". Anime News Network. 2012-09-04. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Twitter / Thomasintokyo: Ok guys. The big news was that". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Symphogear Anime Gets New Season in 2013". Anime News Network. 2012-10-06. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- "Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Anime Season to Premiere in July". Anime News Network. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Senki Zesshō Symphogear G Anime's New Character Designs Posted". Anime News Network. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-10-26.
- "Senki Zesshō Symphogear Anime Gets 3rd Season". Anime News Network. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Twitter / SYMPHOGEAR: なんて読むの？シリーズ。 翼さんの新戦闘曲「月煌ノ剣」は「ゲッコウノツルギ」です。"
- "Super Heroine Chronicle Game Unites SD Characters from 10 Anime". Anime News Network. 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-10-26.