Sense on Cents
|Sense on Cents|
|Launched||January 1, 2009|
Sense on Cents was launched in January 2009. With close to 1 million visitors in three plus years, Doyle's writing emphasizes investor education and protection with regard to the economy, markets, and finance. In the blog, Doyle covers an extensive array of topics and writes in a style which is understandable for those with little to no financial/market experience to graduate level professors. He has addressed at length the scam embedded in auction-rate securities. Doyle referred to the marketing and distribution by Wall Street of auction-rate securities as "the single greatest fraud ever perpetrated on investors". He has also raised questions about Wall Street's self-regulatory organization, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), in the blog.
Doyle previously worked in the mortgage business, starting in 1983, for First Boston (as a mortgage-backed securities trader), Bear Stearns (where he was a senior managing director), and Union Bank of Switzerland (where he was head of mortgage trading), Bank of America, and JP Morgan Chase, where he was the National Sales Manager for Securitized Products.
- Danny Schechter (2010). The Crime of Our Time: Why Wall Street Is Not Too Big to Jail. ISBN 1-934708-55-0. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Phil Trupp (2010). Ruthless: How Enraged Investors Reclaimed Their Investments and Beat Wall Street. John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 978-0-470-57989-3. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Doyle, Larry (June 2010). "Put Europe's Banks to the Test". Business Week. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Beck, Rachel (January 5, 2010). "Under Obama's new plan: No consequences for lying borrowers". Pottstown Mercury. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Preston, Darrell (April 29, 2009). "Finra Oversees Auction-Rate Arbitrations After Exit". Bloomberg. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- "About". Sense on Cents. Retrieved June 17, 2011.
- Joseph A. Giannone (April 7, 2010). "FINRA faces calls to lift veil on finances, pay". Fox Business. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Larry Doyle (June 8, 2011). "New banking rules have not hurt Jamie Dimon - Term Sheet". Fortune.cnn.com. Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Richard Lee (August 2, 2010). "Business People: Kramer joins ENT and Allergy Associates". Connecticut Post. Retrieved June 16, 2011.