From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Sentinel Rock, Yosemite, California," by Carleton E. Watkins
|Elevation||7,038 ft (2,145 m)|
|Location||Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County, California, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS Half Dome|
|Age of rock||Cretaceous|
|First ascent||June 30 - July 4, 1950, by Allen Steck and John Salathé|
Sentinel Rock is a granitic peak in Yosemite National Park, California, United States. It towers over Yosemite Valley, opposite Yosemite Falls. Sentinel Rock lies 0.7 miles (1.1 km) northwest of Sentinel Dome.
- "Natural Resource Statistics". Yosemite National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Sentinel Rock". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Rock Formations in Yosemite". Yosemite National Park. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-08-14.
- "Steck-Salathe". rockclimbing.com. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
- Roberts, Paul (1994-11-01). "Risk". Psychology Today. Retrieved 2011-07-27.
|This Mariposa County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|