Sentro Rizal is a Philippine government-sponsored organization whose main objective is the global promotion of Filipino art, culture and language. Established by virtue of the National Cultural Heritage Act of 2009, its headquarters is located at the National Commission for Culture and the Arts office in Intramuros, Manila. Sentro Rizal is named in honor of José Rizal, a national hero of the Philippines.
Sentro Rizal establishes branches in countries where the children of Overseas Filipino workers need to be educated about their roots and in developed countries with large Filipino communities. Sentro Rizal branches have been established by Philippine diplomatic missions in Spain, the Czech Republic, New Zealand, the United States, Oman, and Laos.
As a means of attaining its goals, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas has made use of digital media in disseminating Filipiniana for overseas Filipinos. Called the "Virtual Sentro Rizal", the collection comprises 250 gigabytes of data including 72 hours of video of Filipino cultural materials covering different genres across regions.
- Alliance française
- Confucius Institute
- Instituto Cervantes
- Korean Cultural Center
- Società Dante Alighieri
- Villalon, Augusto (26 April 2010). "New heritage law seeks to establish Sentro Rizal across the globe". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Sentro Rizal will boost national pride - Angara". 28 June 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- 14th Congress of the Philippines (27 July 2009). "Republic Act No. 10066". Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "PHL Embassy launches Sentro Rizal in Wellington, New Zealand". 3 July 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Philippine Consulate General launches Sentro Rizal back-to-back with a night of Philippine Poetry and Culture". 21 June 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Philippines Envoy Inaugurates Sentro Rizal at Embassy". 13 June 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Filipino kids enjoy poetry reading session at Embassy's Sentro Rizal in Vientiane". 30 April 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Medina, Andrei (26 February 2013). "'Sentro Rizal' digital collection of Filipiniana to help Pinoys appreciate heritage". GMA News and Public Affairs. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- National Cultural Heritage Act of 2009 in the Philippine Senate website