|Industry||Insurance & Finance|
|Headquarters||Stevens Point, Wisconsin, USA|
|Key people||McPartland, Pete, President & CEO|
Sentry Insurance, founded in 1904, is a mutual insurance company located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. It was founded by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association, now the Midwest Hardware Association, to provide insurance for its members in the hardware industry. Today it offers life, group health, auto, and other property/casualty lines. Sentry's property and casualty companies are rated A+ by A. M. Best.
Sentry's logo is the "Minuteman Statue," a sculpture of Capt. John Parker, located in Lexington, Massachusetts. As of December 31, 2008, Sentry has assets of $9.7 billion and a policyholder surplus of $2.8 billion.
The Sentry Insurance Group includes:
- Sentry Insurance a Mutual Company
- Sentry Life Insurance Company
- Sentry Life Insurance Company of New York
- Sentry Equity Services, Inc.
- Sentry Select Insurance Company
- Sentry Casualty Company
- Sentry Lloyds of Texas
- Dairyland Insurance Company
- Dairyland County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
- Dairyland Cycle Insurance
- Middlesex Insurance Company
- Patriot General Insurance Company
- Parker Services, L.L.C.
- Parker Centennial Assurance Company
- Peak Property and Casualty Insurance Corp.
- Viking County Mutual Insurance Company
- Viking Insurance Company of Wisconsin
- "Rating Page". Retrieved 2011-11-08.
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|