Seoul Air Base
|Seoul Air Base
|IATA: SSN – ICAO: RKSM|
|Location||Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea|
|Elevation AMSL||92 ft / 28 m|
The USAF designated the base at K-16 during the Korean War.
USAF units based here included:
- 35th Fighter-Interceptor Group operating F-51s from 8 April 1951.
- Detachment F, 3rd Air Rescue Squadron operating Sikorsky H-5s from 19 October 1950
- 2157th Air Rescue Squadron operating Sikorsky H-19s
The base is home to the ROKAF 15th Composite Wing.
The Seoul Air Show is held annually in this airfield.
The base is used as a VIP airfield by the President of South Korea and other VIPs and heads of state.
- Airport information for RKSM at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SSN at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Futrell, Frank (1983). The United States Air Force in Korea, 1950-1953. Air Force History & Museums Program. p. 361. ISBN 9780912799711.