Seoul Music Awards
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Seoul Music Awards|
|Awarded for||Excellence in music|
|Presented by||Sports Seoul|
|Network||KBS N (2013)|
The Seoul Music Awards (Hangul: 서울가요대상; RR: Seoul Gayo Daesang) is an awards show founded in 1990 that is presented annually by Sports Seoul for outstanding achievements in the music industry in South Korea. The winners are selected from singers who have released albums during the year, combined with 20 percent mobile votes, 10 percent Sports Seoul’s popularity poll, 40 percent digital downloads and album sales, and 30 percent judges' scores.
- 1 Categories
- 2 Past events
- 3 Daesang Award (Grand Prize)
- 4 Bonsang Awards (Main Prize)
- 5 Record of the Year
- 6 Record of the Year in Digital Release
- 7 New Artist Award
- 8 Performance Award
- 9 Genre-specific awards
- 10 High1/Mobile Popularity Award
- 11 Hallyu Special Award
- 12 Other awards
- 13 Most winners
- 14 See also
- 15 References
- Daesang Award (Grand Prize), or Artist of the Year is awarded to the best artist of the top 10 Bonsang winners by calculating album and digital sales with online vote and a final judgement by the judges of the award ceremony.
- Bonsang Awards (Main Prize) is awarded up to 10 best artists by calculating album and digital sales with online vote and a final judgement by the judges of the award ceremony.
- Record of the Year, or Best Album is awarded to the best full-length album.
- Record of the Year in Digital Release is awarded to the best single in digital release.
- New Artist Awards are awarded to new performers, usually three in each year.
- Performance Award is awarded to best live performer of the year.
- Trot Award is awarded to the performer of trot music.
- Hip Hop/Rap Award is awarded to the performer of Hip hop music/Rapping music.
- R&B/Ballad Award is awarded to the performer of the R&B/ballad music.
- OST Award is awarded to the performer of the Original Soundtrack (OST) from drama/movie/TV program.
- Popularity Awards are awarded to performers who gained popularity during the year, usually two in each year, the winners chosen by online voting.
- Hallyu Special Award is awarded to the performer who gained popularity around the world during the year.
|19th||3 February 2010||Olympic Fencing Gymnasium||Seoul|||
|20th||20 January 2011||Kyunghee University|
|21st||31 January 2012||Olympic Gymnastics Arena|||
|23rd||23 January 2014||Jamsil Arena|
Daesang Award (Grand Prize)
|10th||1999||Jo Sungmo / Fin.K.L|
|9th||1998||H.O.T. / Sechs Kies|
|4th||1993||Seo Taiji and Boys|
|3rd||1992||Seo Taiji and Boys|
Bonsang Awards (Main Prize)
Note: Order is listed as they were announced by the Seoul Music Committee.
Record of the Year
|23rd||2013||Cho Yong-pil||"Bounce"||Hello||19th album|
|22nd||2012||G-Dragon||"Crayon"||One of A Kind||1st mini album|
|21st||2011||IU||"You & I"||Last Fantasy||2nd album|
|20th||2010||PSY||"Right Now"||Psy Five||5th album|
|19th||2009||Drunken Tiger||"Feel gHood Muzik"||Feel gHood Muzik : The 8th Wonder||8th album|
|18th||2008||Big Bang||"Sunset Glow"||Remember||2nd album|
|17th||2007||Epik High||"Fan"||Remapping the Human Soul||4th album|
Record of the Year in Digital Release
|17th||2007||Big Bang||"Haru Haru"|
New Artist Award
|23rd||2013||Bangtan Boys||Lim Kim||Crayon Pop|
|20th||2010||The Boss||Sistar||CN Blue|
|17th||2007||FT Island||Girls' Generation||Wonder Girls|
|16th||2006||Super Junior||See Ya||Brown Eyed Girls|
|15th||2004||TVXQ||Lee Seung-gi||SG Wannabe|
|12th||2001||Brown Eyes||Sung Si-kyung||Jadu||Morning Bond||To-ya|
|10th||1999||Lee Jung-hyun||Koyote||S♯arp||Chae Jung-an|
|9th||1998||NRG||Jo Sungmo||Kim Hyun-jung||Yoo Ri|
|7th||1996||Young Turks Club|
|6th||1995||Sung Jin-woo||Yook Gak-soo|
|3rd||1992||Lee Deok-jin||Seo Taiji and Boys|
|2nd||1991||Shim Shin||Shin Seung-hun|
|1st||1990||Kim Min-woo||Shin Hae-chul|
|23rd||2013||Lee Seung Chul|
|19th||2009||Park Hyun-bin||Park Sang-chul|
|23rd||2013||The One (SBS That Winter, The Wind Blows OST)|
|22nd||2012||Lee Jong-hyun (SBS A Gentleman's Dignity OST)|
|21st||2011||Baek Ji-young (SBS Secret Garden OST)|
|16th||2006||Sweet Sorrow (SBS Alone in Love OST)|
|15th||2004||SBS Lovers in Paris OST|
|14th||2003||SBS Punch OST|
High1/Mobile Popularity Award
|21st||2011||Lee Seung-gi||Girls' Generation||-|
Hallyu Special Award
|18th||2008||YTN Star Award||Baek Ji-young|
|High One Music Award||Big Bang|
|Artist||Girls' Generation||Super Junior||SHINee||TVXQ|
- "History Of Seoul Music Awards" (in Korean). Seoul Music Awards.
- Park, HyunMin (20 January 2012). "Super Junior Wins Another Grand Prize at the Seoul Music Awards". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Kun-ouc, Park (4 February 2010). "Girls' Generation scores triple win at Seoul Music Awards". 10 Asia. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Kim, Violet "12 reasons to visit Korea in 2012" CNN Go. 30 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-03