From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Separation, separate, separating, separation, or severally in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Separation may refer to:
- Separation (United States military), the process by which a service member leaves active duty
- Separation (air traffic control), rules to minimise the risk of collision between aircraft in flight
- Separation mastering, in music recording
Literature, film, music
- Separation (1967 film), a British feature film written by and starring Jane Arden and directed by Jack Bond
- Separations, a 1992 album by British alternative rock band Pulp
- A Separation, 2011 Iranian film
- La Séparation, 1994 French film
- The Separation (2002 novel), novel by Christopher Priest
- The Separation (Animorphs), a 1999 novel in the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate
- Separation (band), a Swedish straight edge hardcore punk band
- Separation (EP), a 2006 EP by Halou
- Flow separation, separation of a fluid boundary layer from the surface of a solid body moving relative to the fluid
- Separation of concerns, in computer science (and problem-solving in general)
- Separation process, in chemistry
- Separation principle, in control theory
- Separation axiom, concepts in the area of mathematics called topology
- Separated sets, related concept in topology, two sets disjoint from the other's closure
- Separation (behavior), the behavior of flocking animals to stand off from their neighbours
- Separation (statistics), a problem encountered in fitting models for categorical outcomes
- Mutual fund separation theorem, allowing a portfolio optimization problem to be separated into smaller problems
- Intertemporal portfolio choice#Time-independent decisions, where in some contexts portfolio choices for many periods can be made separately
Law and society
- Doctrine of separation, belief among some Protestant religious groups that the members of a church should be separate from "the world"
- Legal separation, a legal status where married couples may disentangle their finances without divorce
- Racial separation, the separation of different racial groups in daily life
- Six degrees of separation, the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person on earth
- Separation of church and state, the idea that religion and government functions should be separate
- Political separation (separatism), advocacy of a state of cultural, ethnic, tribal, religious, racial, governmental or gender separation from the larger group
- All pages beginning with "separat"
- All pages with titles containing "separat"
- Divide (disambiguation)
- Part (disambiguation)
- Segregate (disambiguation)
- Fragmentation (disambiguation)
- Split (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.