|Città di Seregno|
|Province||Monza and Brianza (MB)|
|Frazioni||Ceredo, San Carlo, Sant'Ambrogio, Santa Valeria, Lazzaretto, San Salvatore, Dosso, Meredo|
|• Mayor||Giacinto Mariani (Lega Lombarda)|
|• Total||13.01 km2 (5.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||222 m (728 ft)|
|Population (30 November 2012)|
|• Density||3,400/km2 (8,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Valeria|
|Saint day||28 April|
Seregno is a town and comune of the new Province of Monza and Brianza in the Italian region of Lombardy. Template:S of, its population was 44,296 inhabitants, making it the second city of the province after Monza. Seregno received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on January 26, 1979.
Seregno is served by Seregno railway station.
The city is located in the upper part of the Lombard plain, 10 km from Monza and only 20 km from Milan, capital of the Region. The current infrastructure system, with two longitudinal bisecting roads and a thick mesh of provincial and municipal roads and railways make Seregno also very close to all the major attractions of the area such as the lake districts, the Alps, the cities of Como, Lecco, Bergamo and Varese.
- Basilica church of St. Joseph (18th century)
- Landriani Caponaghi Palace, the current town hall
- Odescalchi Villa
- Barbarossa Tower
Seregno is positioned in the middle of one of the most economically productive areas in Italy with a high concentration of small and medium-sized enterprises. The total number of companies listed in Seregno is over 3,600, equal to about 6% of companies throughout the Province of Monza and Brianza territory. Seregno has a long-established tradition in industrial and craft production with excellence in the furniture sector, engineering industry, clothing and computer industries.
A peculiarity of Seregno is the presence of a high number of bank agencies in relation to the resident population and businesses located within the city boundaries.
- Igor Cassina, (1977), Olympic winner gymnast
- Alan Caligiuri, (1981), Deejay
- Ettore Pozzoli, musician and pianist
- Luca Caldirola, football player
The International Ettore Pozzoli Piano Competition, for tradition and amount of prize, is one of the oldest and most prestigious piano competitions in the world taking place in Seregno, Italy since 1959 and held every 2 years.
- G. Ferrarini, A. Stadiotti, M. Stadiotti (a cura di). Seregno: Un paese, la sua storia, la sua anima. Telesio editrice, Carnate, 1999.
- E. Mariani. Storia di Seregno – Circolo Culturale Seregn de la memoria. Seregno, 1963.
- G. Picasso e M. Tagliabue (a cura di). Seregno. Una comunità di Brianza nella storia (secoli XI – XX) Comune di Seregno, Seregno, 1994.