||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2009)|
Serendipity's official blog
|Developer(s)||Serendipity Developer Team|
|Stable release||1.7 / May 11, 2013|
|Type||content management system|
Serendipity is a blog and web-based content management system written in PHP and available under a BSD license. It supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite database backends, the Smarty template engine, and a plugin architecture for user contributed modifications. 
Serendipity's plugin architecture allows users to easily modify both the appearance of the blog and its features.
Serendipity's SPARTACUS plugin automatically checks the central repository for plugins/templates upgrades and new functionality whenever a user checks the list. Users can install more than 120 plugins, instantly enhancing their blogs' functionality. 
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database, can add media from URL or local file
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Easy drag-and-drop sidebar plugins organization
- Category-based sub-blogs
- Static Pages
- RSS planet/aggregator
- Robust spam blocking
- Tag support
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty
- Remote blogging via XML-RPC
- BSD-style licensing
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Native import from earlier blog applications (WordPress, Textpattern, Moveable Type, bblog, etc.)
- Search engine-friendly permalink structure
- TrackBack and Pingback
|Original title (if not in English)||Serendipity Individuelle Weblogs für Einsteiger und Profis|
|Subject(s)||Serendipity Weblog Software|
The first book about Serendipity was published in German by OpenSourcePress: Serendipity - Individuelle Weblogs für Einsteiger und Profis.  The publisher donated the book's copyright to the Serendipity project, who has released it under a CC-BY-NC-SA license and made a github repository available online.
- Serendipity Official Website
- The Serendipity Handbook
- Serendipity PHP Weblog System at SourceForge
- Serendipity Template Page
- Comparison of content management systems
- Bulletproof Serendipity Template Framework
- "Serendipity 1.7 released". s9y.org. 2013-05-11. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "Serendipity - PHP Script". Gscripts.net. 2 August 2006. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Serendipity - Features". s9y.org. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "New kid on the blog: A look at Serendipity 1.0".
- "http://www.amazon.de/Serendipity-Individuelle-Weblogs-Einsteiger-Profis/dp/3937514546". Open Source Press. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Das Serendipity Handbuch / The Serendipity Manual".