|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (March 2012)|
Mononc' Serge in 2007
|Birth name||Serge Robert|
|Genres||Rock, thrash metal|
|Associated acts||Les Colocs, Anonymus|
Mononc' Serge (real name Serge Robert) is a Quebec musician who sings in French. He is best known for his exceedingly vulgar lyrics and his irreverent songs making fun of local celebrities and politicians. He is also quite sardonic with the Quebec federalist movement, and their counterparts in the rest of Canada. "Mononc' Serge" is French for "Uncle Serge".
His 2001 album Mon voyage au Canada (My Trip to Canada) features one song for each Canadian province and territory, mostly poking fun at each of them.
In 2003 he teamed up with the thrash metal band Anonymus, and released an album named L'Académie du Massacre, which contains metal versions of Mononc' Serge's songs, along with a few new compositions. They later released a DVD titled La Pâques Satanique. In 2008, reunited with Anonymus for a new album, titled Musique Barbare.
- 1997: Mononc'Serge Chante 1997
- 1998: Mourir pour le Canada
- 1998: Mononc'Serge Chante 1998
- 2000: 13 Tounes Trash
- 2001: Mon voyage au Canada
- 2003: L'Académie du massacre (with Anonymus)
- 2006: Serge blanc d'Amérique
- 2008: Musique barbare (with Anonymus)
- 2011: Final Baton DVD recorded Live in Montreal 2010.12.28 and Quebec 2010.12.29 (with Anonymus)
- 2012: "Ca c'est d'la femme
- 2013: Pourquoi Mononc' Serge joues-tu du rock'n'roll?
- "Québec Info Musique – MONONC' SERGE" (in French). Retrieved 5 December 2008.