|Born||25 April 1957|
|Institutions||Moscow State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Sergey Stechkin|
|Doctoral students||Sergey Ivanosvski
|Notable awards||Salem Prize|
Konyagin participated in the International Mathematical Olympiad for the Soviet Union, winning two consecutive gold medals with perfect scores in 1972 and 1973. At barely 15 years of age, he was (and still is) one of the youngest ever to achieve a perfect score at the IMO.
In 1990 Konyagin was awarded the Salem Prize.
- Konyagin, S.; Shaparlinski, I. (1999). Character sums with exponential functions and their applications. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-64263-9.
- Green, Ben; Konyagin, Sergei (2009). "On the Littlewood Problem Modulo a Prime". Canad. J. Math. 61 (1): 141. arXiv:math/0601565. doi:10.4153/cjm-2009-007-4.
- Info at MathNet.ru
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-27.
- Sergei Konyagin at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Sergei Konyagin's results at the International Mathematical Olympiad
|This article about a Russian mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|