Sergi playing for Barcelona B in 2012
|Full name||Sergi Roberto Carnicer|
|Date of birth||7 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Reus, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Reus, Tarragona, Catalonia, Sergi Roberto arrived in FC Barcelona's youth academy aged 14, from neighbours Gimnàstic de Tarragona. In the 2009–10 season, at only 17, he first appeared with Barça's reserves, contributing with 22 games as the side returned to the second division after 11 years.
On 10 November 2010, Roberto made his debut for the first team, playing the second half of a 5–1 home win against AD Ceuta for the campaign's Copa del Rey (7–1 on aggregate). On 27 April of the following year he made his first UEFA Champions League appearance, coming on as a substitute for David Villa in the last minute of a 2–0 away win against Real Madrid, for the competition semifinals' first leg.
Roberto first appeared in La Liga on 21 May 2011, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3–1 win at Málaga CF in the season's last round. His first start for the main squad came on 6 December of that year, against FC BATE Borisov in the Champions League group stage, as manager Pep Guardiola rested all his starters for the upcoming El Clásico: in the 35th minute, he opened the scoring in an eventual 4–0 home win.
In only his third official appearance for Barcelona's first team, on 12 January 2012, Roberto scored his second goal, helping the visitors come from behind to win it 2–1 against CA Osasuna in the season's domestic cup (6–1 on aggregate).
On 5 November, before being substituted by Javier Espinosa in the 88th minute, he scored a hat-trick against Burkina Faso at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano. Spain eventually finished third in the tournament, with him and Atlético Madrid's Borja González accounting for eight of the team's total goals.
- La Liga: 2010–11, 2012–13
- Copa del Rey: 2011–12; Runner-up 2013–14
- Supercopa de España: 2010, 2013
- UEFA Champions League: 2010–11
- Spain U17
- As of 22 September 2014
- Youth: Sergi Roberto aims to make a future at Barca; Total Barça, 21 March 2010
- Ten-man Madrid undone by Messi magic; UEFA.com, 27 April 2011
- Second XI ease to win; ESPN Soccernet, 21 May 2011
- Youthful Barcelona breeze past BATE; UEFA.com, 6 December 2011
- Messi enciende las antiniebla (Messi turns fog lamps on); Marca, 12 January 2012 (Spanish)
- "Un 'hat trick' de Sergi Roberto mete a España en cuartos" [Sergi Roberto's hat-trick puts Spain in the quarterfinals] (in Spanish). Sport. 5 November 2009.
- "Sergi Roberto". Soccerway. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- FC Barcelona official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Futbolme profile (Spanish)
- Sergi Roberto – FIFA competition record