Sergio Dalma started his career singing in bands and performing in choral groups until he won the TV program "Gent d'aqui", in the Catalan station of TVE, which won him a regular contract to sing in the Shadows night-club in Barcelona. Dalma signed with the record company Horus, which released his first album, Esa Chica es Mía, in 1989. The title song became his first, reaching the charts in Spain and certain Latin American countries. Sintiéndonos la Piel followed in 1991. That same year, he was chosen to represent Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Bailar Pegados." He finished in fourth place, and the single proved to be his international breakthrough and introduced him to Latin audiences in the United States.
One year later, he released Adivina, which reached No. 1 in the Spanish charts and featured the single "Ave Lucía". He later recorded for Polygram and Universal. His 2010 album, Via Dalma, became one of the biggest hits in his career, spending 10 weeks at No. 1 in Spain and earning six-times platinum certification. His 2011 followup, Via Dalma II, also reached No. 1 and was certified quadruple platinum.
Sergio Dalma married Maribel Sanz on 22 February 1994. His only son, Sergio, was born on 18 August 1995. The couple later divorced, and Maribel became, for a while, a regular of celebrity magazines and TV programs.
- Esa Chica es Mía (Horus, 1989)
- Sintiéndonos la Piel (Horus, 1991)
- Adivina (Horus 1992)
- Sólo Para Ti (Polygram, 1994)
- Cuerpo a Cuerpo (Polygram, 1995)
- En Concierto (Polygram, 1996)
- Historias Normales (Polygram, 1998)
- Nueva Vida (Universal, 2001)
- De Otro Color (Universal, 2003)
- Todo Lo Que Quieres (Universal, 2005) #4 Spain
- A Buena Hora (Universal, 2008) #1 Spain Platinum
- Trece (Universal, 2010) #1 Spain Platinum
- Via Dalma (Warner, 2010) #1 Spain 6xPlatinum
- Via Dalma II (Warner, 2011) #1 Spain 4xPlatinum
- Cadore 33 (Warner, 2013) #1 Spain
- Lo Mejor de Sergio Dalma 1989-2004 (Universal, 2004)
- De Colección (Polygram, 1994)
- Alonso, César (2012). Los Tesoros de Sergio Dalma. Libros Cupula. pp. 11, 117, 133. ISBN 978-84-480-0571-9.
- Sergio Dalma - Yahoo! Corazón
|Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "Todo esto es la música"