|Birth name||Paulo Sergio Gómez Sánchez|
2 June 1973|
Ciudad Hidalgo, Michoacán
|Died||2 December 2007
Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico
|Genres||Duranguense, Latin Pop, Norteño|
|Associated acts||K-Paz de la Sierra
He was born in the city of Ciudad Hidalgo, Michoacán in 1973. In 2003, while working in the city of Chicago in the United States, he created K-Paz De La Sierra with other native Mexicans also working in Chicago. Gomez lived in Avon, Indiana, just west of Indianapolis.
Following a concert in the state of Michoacán, a group of gunmen abducted Gómez and several other vocalists while traveling in a car in the early hours of a Sunday morning. The other passengers were later released, but Gómez's dead body was found on Morelia's outskirts, bearing signs of torture. His body was severely beaten, with bruises all over his chest and abdomen; his face was burned with an unknown substance, and presented signs of strangling. Early evidence suggests that the murder might have been premeditated as Sergio had been warned not to play in the city of Morelia, a stronghold for drug related gangs.
- Indiana gets body of Sergio Gomez
- "Abducted Mexican singer strangled". BBC News. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- (In Spanish) "Comando armado secuestra y asesina a Sergio Gómez, vocalista de K-Paz". La Jornada. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Mexico singer murdered after threats in drug stronghold city". 2007-12-04. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- Murdered Mexican trumpeter 3rd musician killed in a week Two banda artists earn posthumous Grammy nominations