Llull warming up with Real Madrid.
|No. 23 – Real Madrid|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
November 15, 1987 |
Mahón, Menorca, Spain
|Listed height||6 ft 3.75 in (1.92 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 34th overall|
|Selected by the Denver Nuggets|
|Pro playing career||2005–present|
|2005–2007||Manresa (Spain, Spain 2nd)|
|2005–2006||→ Finques Olesa (loan) (Spain 4th)|
|2007–present||Real Madrid (Spain)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Sergio "Sergi" Llull Melià (ser-HIO YU-y; born November 15, 1987) is a Spanish professional basketball player for Real Madrid of the ACB League. He is a 6 ft 3 ¾ in (1.92 m) tall point guard-shooting guard.
Llull began his career playing for the La Salle Maò and CB i Unió Manresana junior clubs as a youth. He made his professional debut with the Spanish ACB League club Manresa during the 2005–06 season. He also played with the (Spanish 4th Division Spanish club Finques Olesa that season, on loan. He returned to Manresa and played in the Spanish 2nd Division the next season, and then joined the Spanish Euroleague club Real Madrid in 2007.
In 2009, Real Madrid exercised a club option to extend his contract for another 2 years. In 2010, Llull extended his contract with Real Madrid through the year 2014. He was named the MVP of the final of the mid-season three game 2012 Spanish King's Cup tournament.
Llull was chosen by the Denver Nuggets, with the 34th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. The Houston Rockets then bought his draft rights from the Nuggets, for approximately $2.25 million, making him the most expensive player ever to be purchased during the draft's second round.
Spanish national team
As a member of the junior Spanish national basketball teams, Llull won the gold medal at the 2004 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and he won the silver medal at the 2007 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship. He has also played with the senior men's Spanish national basketball team. He won two gold medals at the EuroBasket, in 2009 and 2011, and he also played at the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
He won the silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Awards and accomplishments
- Spanish League Champion (2):
- Spanish King's Cup Champion (2):
- Spanish Supercup Champion (2):
Spanish national team
- 2004 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Gold
- 2007 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Silver
- FIBA EuroBasket 2009: Gold
- FIBA EuroBasket 2011: Gold
- 2012 Summer Olympic Games: Silver
- FIBA EuroBasket 2013: Bronze
References and notes
- Eurobasket.com Sergio Llull Profile.
- "REAL MADRID, Llull agree until 2014". Euroleague.net. July 19, 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "Sergio Llull signs contract extension through 2014". Realmadrid.com. July 19, 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Euroleague.net REAL MADRID extends Llull through 2018.
- Sportando.net Real Madrid extends Sergio Llull till 2018.
- "Sergio Llull es la segunda ronda más cara de la historia del 'draft' de la NBA }". Marca.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20. (Spanish)
- Twitter Account
- Euroleague.net Profile
- FIBA Profile
- FIBA Europe Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Spanish League Profile (Spanish)
- NBA.com Draft Profile
- Real Madrid Profile