Serhiy Kravchenko (footballer born 1983)
Kravchenko with Ukraine in 2011
|Full name||Serhiy Serhiyovych Kravchenko|
|Date of birth||24 April 1983|
|Place of birth||Donetsk, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 July 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Serhiy Kravchenko (Ukrainian: Сергій Сергійович Кравченко; born 24 April 1983 in Donetsk, Ukraine) is a Ukrainian football midfielder for Volyn Lutsk in the Ukrainian Premier League. He is also a regular of the Ukraine national football team.
Kravchenko began his career in the Shakhtar Donetsk reserves and youth team in 2002.
In the first half of the 2008–09 season, Vorksla made it the semifinals of the Ukrainian Cup which was their highest result in that competition ever. The team was also 4th in the league table. Kravchenko contributed scored 4 goals in 17 matches as well as several assists during this part of the season.
On 28 July 2008, he officially signed with Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kyiv, but there is still questions when he will join them in the summer or in the winter when he becomes a free agent. Kravchenko will be entirely owned by the club on 28 January 2009, as reported by the Dynamo Kyiv official website.
On 23 December 2009 Kravchenko was sold to Dnipro for an undisclosed fee.
Kravchenko has been a regular for the Ukraine national football team with head coach Oleksiy Mykhailychenko since team mate Oleh Husyev got injured. He was called with four other new-comers. He made the most of it when he scored the winning goal in a friendly against Poland.
- Scores and results list Ukraine's goal tally first.
|1.||20 August 2008||Ukraina Stadium, Lviv||Poland||1–0||1–0||Friendly|
- Сергей Кравченко подписал контракт с "Динамо" 28 July 2008
- "Кравченко и Мандзюк – игроки "Днепра" (Kravchenko and Mandziuk – Dnipro players)" (in Russian). ua-football.com. 23 December 2009. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- Mykhailychenko named the squad – Sportunion.blox.ua (Russian) 16–05–08
- Serhiy Kravchenko: "In Poltava they said that I wasn't Ukrainian". – Interview of Kravchenko and his wife at their new Kyiv home, Guru.ua (Russian)