|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Serhiy Taruta (Ukrainian: Сергій Олексійович Тарута, Russian: Сергей Алексеевич Тарута, tr. Sergei Alekseyevich Taruta) is a Ukrainian oligarch, founder of Industrial Union of Donbas, President of FC Metalurh Donetsk, and the current governor of Donetsk Oblast,
According to Forbes magazine, he ranks among the richest people in the world, with his estimated wealth being over 2.7 billion US dollars.
On 2 March 2014, amidst the 2014 pro-Russian conflict in Ukraine, acting President Oleksandr Turchynov appointed Taruta Governor of Donetsk Oblast.
- ^ Roman Olearchik (March 2, 2014). "Akhmetov joins Ukraine oligarchs in pledging to protect homeland". Financial Times. Archived from the original on March 2, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- ^ "Ukraine: Are oligarch appointments at odds with new sense of fairness?". The Guardian. March 8, 2014. Archived from the original on March 9, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- ^ "Business model of Yatsenyuk is to build oligarchic corporation out of Ukraine". Voice of Russia. March 4, 2014. Archived from the original on April 17, 2014. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- ^ Andrew Roth (March 7, 2014). "Ukrainian Officials in East Act to Blunt Pro-Russian Forces". The New York Times. Archived from the original on March 25, 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- ^ Alexander Techinsky (July 1, 2008). "In Pictures: The Billionaires Of Eastern Europe". Forbes. Archived from the original on April 19, 2014.
- ^ Andrew E. Kramer (March 2, 2014). "Ukraine Turns to Its Oligarchs for Political Help". The New York Times. Archived from the original on March 3, 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2014.