From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Classification and external resources|
Micrograph of serous carcinoma.
- Marked intragroup nuclear pleomorphism.
- "Knobby" group borders (in large groups).
- Hydropic vacuoles.
The differential diagnosis of serous carcinoma not otherwise specified includes:
- Ovarian serous carcinoma, a type of ovarian cancer.
- Uterine serous carcinoma, also known as uterine papillary serous carcinoma, a type of uterine cancer.
- Fallopian tube serous carcinoma, a type of uterine tube cancer.
- Cervical serous carcinoma, a rare type of cervical cancer.
- Primary peritoneal serous carcinoma, a very rare cancer that arise from the peritoneum.
There has been the suggestion that the above diagnoses really represent one entity.
- Serous Membranes & Cavities Lecture. Veterinary Anatomy Web Site. University of Minnesota. URL: http://vanat.cvm.umn.edu/TFFlectPDFs/LectSerousCavities.pdf. Accessed on: February 6, 2010.
- Dubeau, L. (Dec 2008). "The cell of origin of ovarian epithelial tumours.". Lancet Oncol 9 (12): 1191–7. doi:10.1016/S1470-2045(08)70308-5. PMID 19038766.