|Look up service in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Service is a set of actions or solutions that are put in place or are performed to provide a repeatable and consistent set of outcomes, deliverables, and performance for people, organizations, and systems that represent consumers or beneficiaries of such results.
Services can be delivered through voluntary means, such as in the case of the giving of people's time to serve in the military or to provide charitable actions, or services can be for payment, such as in the case of professionals who provide work for profit.
Services can be executed or delivered either directly by people, such as in the case of professional services, or by systems, such as in the case of utilities.
Service may refer to:
Acts of service
- Administrative service, a part of the work load of university faculty
- Civil service, career employees of government
- Community service, volunteer service for the benefit of a community, or a punishment that may be imposed by a court
- Customer service, provision of assistance to customers or clients
- Table service
- Domestic service, employment in a residence
- Fan service, a Japanese term referring to something which is specifically designed to entertain fans
- Military service, a country's armed forces
- Public services, services carried out with the aim of providing a public good
- Selfless service, a service which is performed without any expectation of result or award
- Service of process or police administration — and warrants, by Sheriffs in the United States
- Church service, Christian communal worship, often held in a church building
- Divine Service (Lutheran), the public worship of Lutheran churches
- Service (music), musical settings for sections of a service of worship
- Service of worship, a meeting for the worship of a religious deity
Economics and business
- Service (economics), the non-material equivalent of a good in economics and marketing, within the service-product continuum
- Service contract (disambiguation page), with various levels of management, relations or integration in a service system:
- Building services engineering
- Service provider (SP), including in IT service management (ITSM):
- Communications service provider (CSP), including:
- Managed services provider (MSP), including:
- Hosted service provider (xSP), combining offers of a CSP (usually an ISP) and an MSP (usually an ASP)
- Service (systems architecture), the provision of a discrete function within a systems environment:
- Local implementations in software:
- Network service
- Telecommunications service, including:
- Value-added service or content service provided by communication service provider (CSP), including:
- Service mode, a hidden mode on an electronic device that can be entered by a code, giving access to service features or maintenance
- Service (surname)
- Penetrant (mechanical, electrical, or structural), as defined by a building code
- Serve (tennis) or service, a shot to start a point in tennis
- Service (motor vehicle)
- Service of process, the delivery of a summons, complaint or other court petition
- Service Tree (Sorbus domestica), a species of tree
- Service High School, a public high school in Anchorage, Alaska
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
- "Service Definition". The International Foundation for Information Technology. Retrieved 31 May 2014.