Services Institute of Medical Sciences
|Services Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Motto||In Lumine Tuo Videbimus Lumen|
|Motto in English||In Thy light shall we see light|
|Principal||Prof. Dr Hamid Mahmood Butt|
|Location||Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Campus||Jail Road opposite Race Course Park|
|Colours||Deep Blue Colour|
Services Institute of Medical Sciences (Urdu:سروسز انسٹیٹوٹ آف میڈیکل سائنسز), established in 2003, is a public school of medicine located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Services Hospital is attached to the college as a teaching hospital. The official short name for this college is SIMS.
Professor Dr Faisal Masud is the founder of the SIMS. It was located in a portion of small building of the College of Community Medicine at 6-Birdwood Road, Lahore. This college is now housed in its new campus adjacent to the Punjab Institute of Cardiology.
Its basic departments are equipped with latest computer aided laboratories, Carl-Zeiss microscopes for the students and penta-head and deca-head microscopes for demonstration and research. Its Pathology department is ISO 9002 and ISO 15142 certified.
The College admits 190 students on open merit. Admission is gender neutral and need blind and is granted through a centralized Medical College Admission Test conducted by the University of Health Sciences Lahore annually. The Foreign students can also apply for admission through the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
There are four undergraduate qualifications offered at SIMS under University of Health Sciences.
- B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc Operation Theater Technology
Official Research Journal
The SIMS Journal The Esculapio is one of a kind in the quality of medical research it boasts of and has received great international acclaim.
Recognition and affiliations
The college is recognized by the following organizations.
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- iMed - FAIMER
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
||This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (January 2013)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
- "Services Institute of Medical Sciences (SIMS) Lahore - Introduction to Government Medical & Dental Institutions of Punjab: Prospectus for Admission in MBBS / BDS to Government Medical & Dental College of Punjab, Session 2012-13". Pakmed.net. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "SIMS Pathology Dept gets ISO certification". The Nation. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- ":::Punjab Medical College:::Faisalabad- Official Website". www.pmc.edu.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Higher Education Commission". Hec.gov.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "ESCULAPIO,The Journal of SIMS, Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Services Hospital, Lahore". Sims.edu.pk. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- PMDC Recognition Status
- University of Health Sciences Affiliation