Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase
Spaghetti Space Chase
|Attraction type||Dark ride|
During the early planning phases of Universal Studios Singapore, park officials wanted to have a Sesame Street attraction. However, this plan was sidelined in favour of attractions with more marketing power.
In late 2009 and early 2010 when full details of Universal Studios Singapore were released, the park planned to have an attraction entitled Stage 28. It was set to be a walkthrough located in the New York zone of the park that showcased some of Universal Studios' feature films and props. At the opening of Universal Studios Singapore on 18 March 2010, Stage 28 did not open. For several months, the official website indicated the attraction would be opening soon. These plans were later abandoned.
On 17 May 2012, Universal Studios Singapore began a small teaser campaign which included two short videos about their next addition. On 24 May 2012, Universal Studios Singapore officially announced that they would be partnering with Sesame Street. As part of the partnership, the park would host Sesame Street live shows from 28 May 2012 and would open a dark ride by the end of 2012. Existing food, beverage and merchandise outlets such as The Brown Derby were also rethemed. On 6 October 2012, Universal Studios Singapore unveiled the marquee of its latest attraction, Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase. The ride soft opened to annual passholders in the middle of February 2013. The ride finally opened to visitors on 1 March 2013.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2014)|
The attraction details Elmo and Super Grover 2.0 traveling into space to rescue the stolen spaghetti from Macaroni the Merciless.
- Fran Brill - Zoe
- Leslie Carrara-Rudolph - Abby Cadabby, "Super Space Helper"
- Eric Jacobson - Bert, Grover/Super Grover
- Peter Linz - Elmo
- Joey Mazzarino - Macaroni the Merciless, Murray Monster
- Jerry Nelson - Count von Count, SSNN Announcer
- Carmen Osbahr - Rosita
- Martin P. Robinson - Mr. Snuffleupagus, Martian, Octopus
- David Rudman - Cookie Monster
- Caroll Spinney - Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch
- Matt Vogel - Anderson Cucumber, Martian, Tiger
- Steve Whitmire - Ernie
- "USS Sesame Street theme park ride to open on March 1". Asia One. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Vasko, Lydia (2 June 2012). "Bringing Sesame Street to Singapore". The Star. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Resort World Sentosa brings Universal Studios to Singapore". Jakarta Post. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Universal Studios theme-park at Sentosa to offer 18 unique rides and attractions". Channel News Asia. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Stage 28 (Universal Studios Singapore)". Parkz. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Universal Studios Singapore. "Stage 28 – New York". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved 28 August 2010.[dead link]
- Universal Studios Singapore. "New York". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Universal Studios Singapore (24 May 2012). "Big Bird & Friends to call Universal Studios Singapore® home". Press Release. Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Ong-Wood, Ivy (25 July 2012). "Shortcut to Sesame Street". The Standard. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Sesame Street at Universal Studios Singapore". The Sun Daily. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Niles, Robert (29 May 2012). "Universal Studios Singapore confirms new Sesame Street dark ride and live shows". Theme Park Insider. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Space Adventure Headed Your Way". RWS Scoop. 6 October 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Nicholas, Dejiki (16 February 2013). "Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase review". Dejiki.com. Retrieved 16 February 2013.