||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Birth name||Seth Edward Putnam|
May 15, 1968|
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
|Died||June 11, 2011(aged 43)|
|Genres||Grindcore, noisegrind, hardcore punk|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, drums|
|Labels||Wicked Sick, Limited Appeal, Earache Records|
Seth Edward Putnam (May 15, 1968 – June 11, 2011) was the founder of grindcore band Anal Cunt. He was known for his brutal screaming and lyrics that either shock, offend, or invoke morbid humor. Throughout his career, Putnam had been involved in many side projects, including backing vocals on Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill.
Early years 
Putnam was born on May 15, 1968, in or around Boston, Massachusetts to father Edward R. Putnam and mother Barbara Ann Donohue. His parents are divorced. Seth was married to his first wife, Alison, from December 1998 through June 2001. He married Julie, his second wife in 2008. In the mid-1980s, Putnam played bass in the thrash metal band Executioner.
Drug overdose and coma 
On October 12, 2004 Putnam was hospitalized after ingesting a cocktail of crack-cocaine, alcohol, heroin, and two months' worth of Ambien sleeping pills. It has been reported that he spent the previous day contemplating suicide, though exact circumstances surrounding the drug overdose are vague.
Anal Cunt's 1997 album I Like It When You Die contained the track "You're in a Coma". Putnam's reaction to the resulting irony of being in a coma was published in the Boston Phoenix: "Actually, it turned out it was just as gay as the song I wrote nine years ago – being in a coma was just as fuckin' stupid as I wrote it was."
Feud with Chris Barnes 
There had been friction between Putnam and Six Feet Under vocalist Chris Barnes. According to Putnam's defunct website, Putnam heckled Barnes during the Six Feet Under set, leading to an altercation between the two, ending with Six Feet Under's roadies ganging up on Putnam while Barnes fled to his tour bus. Putnam released the song, "Chris Barnes is a Pussy" as retaliation to the incident. Despite the feud, Putnam stated that "Murdered in the Basement" was his favorite song by Six Feet Under.
Side projects and former bands 
- Angry Hate
- Satan's Warriors
- Impaled Northern Moonforest
- Shit Scum
- Full Blown A.I.D.S.
- Death's Head Quartet
- You're Fired
- Adolf Satan
- Upsidedown Cross (note: Although Putnam is credited playing guitar on their split with Sloth, the album was actually recorded years before he joined the band)
- Post Mortem
- Sirhan Sirhan
- Person Killer
Some bands Putnam filled in for (live and/or on recordings) 
- Bad Mouthed Bandits (guitar)
- Bratface (guitar)
- EYEHATEGOD (vocals)
- Buzzoven (vocals)
- Fear of God (from Switzerland) (drums)
- Flächenbrand (Drums on 1 song)
- Haggis (vocals)
- Kilslug (guitar, drums)
- Necrophiliacs (bass on 1 song)
- Nightstick (vocals)
- Sickie Wifebeater's 4F Club (vocals)
- Seven Minutes of Nausea (drums/backup vocals on Disobedient Losers)
- Pantera (Additional screams on the 1996 release The Great Southern Trendkill)
Guest vocal appearances (including, but not limited to) 
- Bruce Chittenden
- Arson Anthem
- Brutal Truth
- Convalescent Surprise
- Corrosion of Conformity
- Graveyard BBQ
- Le Scrawl
- Nasty Disaster
- Padded Hell
- P.T.L Klub
- The Ruins
- Today is the Day
- No Skids Daddy (On the song "16")
- "BLABBERMOUTH.NET – ANAL C**T Frontman SETH PUTNAM Dead At 43". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "Cellars by Starlight | Coma chameleon". Bostonphoenix.com. 2004-10-12. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "SP FAQ's". Wicked Sick Records. April 16, 2003. Archived from the original on March 30, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2012.
- "Blabbermouth.Net – Anal Cunt's Seth Putnam: 'Chris Barnes Is A Pussy'". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- Swash, Rosie. "Seth Putnam, the 'GG Allin of grindcore', dies aged 43 | Music | guardian.co.uk". Guardian. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- Impaled Northern Moonforest
- previous Impaled Northern Moonforest site
- Menace to Sobriety Records