November 2, 1988 |
Fargo, North Dakota
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|March 31, 2014 for the Texas Rangers|
(through April 2, 2014)
|Earned run average||0.00|
Rosin attended Mounds View High School in Arden Hills, Minnesota. After graduating high school, the Minnesota Twins selected Rosin in the 28th round of the 2007 MLB Draft. Rosin opted not to sign, and instead enrolled at the University of Minnesota, where he played college baseball for the Minnesota Golden Gophers, he was named to the All-Big Ten team in 2009 and 2010. The San Francisco Giants selected Rosin in the fourth round of the 2010 MLB Draft, and Rosin signed. He spent 2010 through 2012 in the Giants farm system with the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes, the Augusta Greenjackets and the San Jose Giants.
The Giants traded Rosin, Nate Schierholtz, and Tommy Joseph to the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for Hunter Pence on July 31, 2012. He played in 3 games for the Clearwater Threshers at the end of 2012 and was then promoted to the AA Reading Phillies in 2013, where he was 9-6 with a 4.33 ERA in 26 games (23 starts).
Rosin made the Dodgers 25-man opening day roster. However he did not play in the opening series in Australia and was claimed off waivers by the Texas Rangers on March 26. Rosin was designated for assignment by the Rangers on April 9. He cleared waivers and was returned to the Phillies, who assigned him to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs of the Class AAA International League.
- Crasnick, Jerry. "San Francisco Giants acquire Hunter Pence from Philadelphia Phillies, source confirms". ESPN. ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- Ryan Lawrence (October 22, 2012). "Phillies select Diamondbacks pitcher Kevin Munson in Rule 5 Draft". Philly.com. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Adams, Steve. "Dodgers Acquire Seth Rosin: MLB Rumors". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Stephen, Eric (March 21, 2014). "Dodgers Opening Day roster: Tim Federowicz optioned, Matt Kemp to DL". truebluela.com. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Stephen, Eric (March 26, 2014). "Dodgers lose 2 on waivers: Seth Rosin to Rangers, Javy Guerra to White Sox". truebluela.com. Retrieved March 26, 2014.