|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2008)|
|Genres||Progressive metal, power metal|
|Associated acts||Nightwish, Finntroll|
|Past members||Sami Karttunen|
Sethian is a Finnish progressive metal band, originally formed in 1998 but whose debut album, Into the Silence, was not completed and released until 2003. That album bears a striking resemblance[according to whom?] to the Empire-era of Queensrÿche, though with darker lyrics. Members include Tapio Wilska of Finntroll and Jukka Nevalainen, the drummer for Nightwish.
The group formed after the band Nattvindens Gråt decided to split in 1997. Jussi Koponen and Wilska were part of the line-up and wished to continue playing music together. They invited other musicians whom they knew from other bands to join the project. Sethian can be compared to For My Pain in that it is a Finnish metal supergroup. Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish also plays in the band. The band's progression has been a slow process in both finding its members and the creation of its releases.
Sethian are currently[when?] out of action due to the members being pre-occupied with recording and touring obligations in their main bands.
- Tapio Wilska – lead vocals
- Jussi Koponen – guitars, backing vocals
- Juuso Jalasmäki (ex-Wizzard) – guitars, backing vocals
- Marco Kautonen – guitars
- Sam Silvennoinen – bass guitar
- Jukka Nevalainen – drums
- Sami Karttunen - drums
- Tuomas Holopainen – keyboards
- Nils Ursin (ex-Timo Rautiainen and Trio Niskalaukaus) – keyboards
- Janne Järvensivu - vocals
- Hanna Wilska - vocals
- Pasi Kärkkäinen - keyboards
- Demo - EP, 1998
- The Dream Domain - EP, 2001
- Into the Silence - album, 2003