From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up settler in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A settler is a person who has migrated from the land of his or her birth, or who takes up residence on land and cultivates it, as opposed to a nomad.
Settler or settlers may also refer to:
- The Settlers (novel), a Swedish novel by Vilhelm Moberg
- The Settlers, an American novel set in pre-state Israel, by Meyer Levin
- The Settlers (band), a British folk band of the 1960s and early 70s
- Settler (Asimov), the word used in the context of Isaac Asimov's Robots-Empire-Foundation series
- The Settlers of Catan, a German board game commonly shortened to "Settlers"
- The Settlers, a computer game series
- The Settlers (video game), the first game in the series
- Settler Swahili, a Swahili pidgin
- Charles Carroll the Settler (1661–1720), lawyer and planter in colonial Maryland
- Settling, the process where particulates settle to the bottom of a liquid
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Settler.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.