Seven & I Holdings Co.
|Romanized name||Kabushiki-gaisha Sebun ando Ai Hōrudingusu|
|Traded as||TYO: 3382|
|Founded||September 1, 2005(from merger)|
|Headquarters||8-8, Nibancho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan|
|Key people||Toshifumi Suzuki, CEO
Noritoshi Murata, President
|Services||Department stores, Superstores, Supermarkets, Convenience stores, Restaurants, Financial services|
|Revenue||¥4.786 trillion (2012)|
|Operating income||¥292.06 billion (2012)|
|Net income||¥129.83 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||¥3.889 trillion (2012)|
|Total equity||¥1.860 trillion (2012)|
|Subsidiaries||Seven-Eleven Japan Co., Ltd.
Seven-Eleven (Hawaii), Inc.
Seven-Eleven (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Ito Yokado Co., Ltd.
Sogo & Seibu Co., Ltd.
Seven Bank, Ltd.
Seven & I Holdings Co., Ltd. (株式会社セブン&アイ・ホールディングス Kabushiki-gaisha Sebun ando Ai Hōrudingusu?, Seven-i (セブンアイ)) is a Japanese diversified retail group headquartered in Nibancho, Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. Founded originally in 1920 as Ito-Yokado, Seven & I is now the fifth largest retailer in the world, with 35,000 stores in approximately 100 countries.
Seven & I Holdings was established on September 1, 2005 as the parent company of the 7-Eleven Japan chain of convenience stores, the Ito-Yokado grocery and clothing stores, and the Denny's Japan family restaurants. In November 2005, it completed the purchase of US-based 7-Eleven Inc.
On December 26, 2005, the company announced its acquisition of Millennium Retailing holding company, parent of the Sogo and Seibu Department Stores chains. The acquisition makes Seven & I Holdings the largest distribution and retailing business in Japan.
In July 2007, the group announced the enlargement of their American chain 7-Eleven. They proposed an additional 1000 stores in a $2.4 billion plan that would see their US operation grow to over 7,000 stores. The target was set to achieve $10 billion in sales in the US by 2010.
On June 11, 2012, Seven & I, through its 7-Eleven, Inc. subsidiary, acquired 23 convenience stores in the US from Strasburger Enterprises, Inc.
On December 4, 2013, Seven and I purchased 44.99% ownership of Barneys Japan Co., Ltd. from "a fund operated by Tokio Marine Capital". Barneys Japan "has a network of 10 stores in Japan, including five outlet stores" and, "for the year ending February 2013, Barneys Japan posted sales of ¥19.52 billion." After this transaction, Sumitomo Corporation will continue to retain a majority stake of 50.01% in Barneys Japan Co., Ltd.
On January 29, 2014, Seven and I, through its subsidiary Seven & i Net Media, acquired 50.71% of Nissen Holdings, which is engaged in the mail order sale of clothing and daily necessities, the retail and wholesale of gift products through stores, catalogs, Internet and mobiles. Also, Nissen is involved in the life insurance, casualty insurance agency, credit card and money lending business.
- Seven Bank
- Sogo & Seibu
- Seven & i Net Media 
- "Office Map." Seven & i Holdings. Retrieved on January 13, 2009.
- “Planet Retail reveals latest retailer rankings”[dead link], Planet Retail, 28 July 2008. Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- "7-Eleven Parent Company Buys White Hen Pantry". The New York Times Company. 11 August 2006. Retrieved 11.08.2012. Archived at WebCite
- "Seven & I Holdings : Notice Regarding the Acquisition of Stores from Strasburger Enterprises, Inc.". 4-Traders. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-08-29. Archived at WebCite
- Kaiser, Amanda (December 4, 2013). "Seven & i Buys Stake in Barneys Japan". WWD. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Nissen Holdings Co. Ltd. announces results of takeover bid launched by subsidiary of Seven & I Holdings Co. Ltd.". Reuters. Retrieved 06 March, 2014.
- "Nissen Holdings company profile". Reuters. Retrieved 06 March, 2014.
- "Seven & i Net Media company profile". Businessweek. Retrieved 06 March, 2014.
- "Seven & I to buy Net retailer Nissen". The Japan Times. Retrieved 06 March, 2014.
- "Nissen Holdings company profile". Nissen Holdings. Retrieved 06 March, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seven & i Holdings.|
- Seven & I Holdings Annual Report 2011 PDF
- Seven & I Holdings Corporate Outline 2011 PDF
- (English) Seven & I Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Seven & I Major Subsidiaries and Affiliates