Seven Fields, Pennsylvania
|Seven Fields, Pennsylvania|
Apartment houses on a typical borough street
|Official name: Borough of Seven Fields|
|Area||2.1 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|- land||2.1 km2 (1 sq mi)|
|- water||0.0 km2 (0 sq mi)|
|Density||1,384.2 / km2 (3,585.1 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|School District||Seneca Valley school district|
Seven Fields is located in southwestern Butler County at  It is bordered on the north, west, and southeast by Cranberry Township and on the east by Adams Township. To the south is Pine Township in Allegheny County. The borough is part of a rapidly growing suburban area north of Pittsburgh.(40.686329, -80.063449).
Pennsylvania Route 228 (Mars Road) runs through the borough, leading east 3 miles (5 km) to the borough of Mars and west 2 miles (3 km) to Interstate 79 just north of its interchange with the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,986 people, 757 households, and 551 families residing in the borough. The population density was 2,374.8 people per square mile (912.9/km²). There were 827 housing units at an average density of 988.9 per square mile (380.1/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 95.57% White, 0.70% African American, 2.77% Asian, 0.20% from other races, and 0.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.56% of the population.
There were 757 households out of which 41.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.0% were married couples living together, 6.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.2% were non-families. 21.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the borough the population was spread out with 29.2% under the age of 18, 3.6% from 18 to 24, 45.9% from 25 to 44, 15.7% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33 years. For every 100 females there were 93.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.5 males.
The median income for a household in the borough was $70,625, and the median income for a family was $76,646. Males had a median income of $60,395 versus $35,595 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $29,215. About 3.5% of families and 4.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.0% of those under age 18 and 3.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Seven Fields borough, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions Datasets: Subcounty Resident Population Estimates: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 11 December 2013.