Sex on the Beach
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sex on the beach)
This article is about the cocktail. For the song by T-Spoon, see Sex on the Beach (song).
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
|IBA Official Cocktail|
|Sex on the Beach|
|Primary alcohol by volume|
|Served||On the rocks; poured over ice|
|Standard drinkware||Highball glass|
|IBA specified ingredients*|
|Preparation||Build all ingredients in a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with orange slice.|
|* Sex on the Beach recipe at International Bartenders Association|
Sex on the Beach is a cocktail that has many variations.
There are two general types of the cocktail:
- The first type is made from vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and cranberry juice. This is an International Bartenders Association Official Cocktail.
- The second type is made from vodka, Chambord, Midori Melon Liqueur, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. This type is listed in the Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide.
Several variations are sometimes referred to by the same name:
- Hard Rock Cafe's recipe is based on the second form, calling for vodka, Midori, Chambord, lemon juice, pineapple juice and sugar syrup, shaken and strained over ice into a collins glass.
- Other variations use both orange juice and pineapple juice.
- Coconut rum is often substituted for the vodka.
- Grenadine is sometimes used in place of cranberry juice, especially in locales where cranberry juice is hard to come by.
- Amaretto is sometimes added for extra flavor.
- Sex on the Beach is often made as a shooter by using half vodka, half peach schnapps and a bit of grenadine.
Some derivative variations have their own names:
- "Sex on Fire" is Sex on the Beach with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky in place of the vodka.
- A "Woo Woo" is Sex on the Beach without orange juice.
- The alcohol-free variation is sometimes referred to as "Safe Sex on the Beach" or "Virgins on the Beach".