Sexual suggestiveness is visual, verbal, or written material or behavior construed as having a sexual undertone or which is interpreted as intending to provoke sexual arousal or a sexual response.
People may differ widely on what they consider to be sexually suggestive, and what is or is not acceptable depends largely on a community's social mores. Women in swimsuit advertisements, sexually-themed music or music with a strong beat meant for dancing, sexting, erotic lingerie or "wolf whistling" can all be thought to be sexually suggestive. Sexual suggestiveness can also involve nudity, or the exposure of the nipples, genitals, buttocks or other areas of the body considered to be taboo. Human feet can also be considered sexually suggestive, if it[clarification needed] is part of a foot fetish. A brand name or phrase can be considered to be sexually suggestive if it has strong sexual connotations. In some societies, sexually suggestive scenes on television can be restricted so that they are aired only at a time when it is presumed that children will not be watching.
- "Sexually suggestive content: YouTube knows it when it sees it". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Sexy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary". Merriam-webster.com. 2012-08-31. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "'Safe Church' sexual misconduct". Episcopalmarlboro.org. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Grandma's Sex Handbook - Anne Wright - Google Books. Books.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- National Research Council. "What Is Pornography?". Nap.edu. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "Sexually suggestive M&S bus advert banned | News | The Christian Institute". Christian.org.uk. 2011-12-07. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "What is Sexting". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2014-02-14.
- "Brain Potentials to Sexually Suggestive Whistles Show Meaning Modulates the Mismatch Negativity". Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2013-03-25. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- Popular Music: The rock era - Google Books. Books.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "One in Five Teens Sends Sexually Explicit Images". Marketingcharts.com. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- Family Life Education: Principles and Practices for Effective Outreach - Stephen F. Duncan, H. Wallace Goddard - Google Books. Books.google.co.uk. 2010-08-27. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- Charles Panati (1998). Sexy Origins and Intimate Things: The Rites and Rituals of Straights, Gays, Bis, Drags, Trans, Virgins, and Others. Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-027144-9. "Frederick's of Hollywood has always promoted its open-toe and open-heel models as sexually suggestive because they reveal foot flesh and toe cleavage."
- "Stiffy’s vodka ruled irresponsible over sexually suggestive name". Harpers.co.uk. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- Carlin, Brendan (2011-05-01). "'Indecent' lesbian kiss scenes face watershed crackdown". The Daily Mail (London).
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|