|Born||Carolin Ebert[dubious ]
2 May 1987
|Died||20 January 2011
Cause of death
|Occupation||Actress, model, singer|
Cora was born in Berlin. She was one of the participants of the 10th season of Big Brother Germany. Cora released two music singles after her Big Brother participation: "My Love – La, La, La" and "Lass uns kicken (Alles klar wunderbar)".
Medical issues and death
Cora suffered a heart attack on 11 January 2011, during her breast enlargement surgery at a plastic surgery clinic in Hamburg. It was her sixth such operation. Minutes into the procedure, she went into cardiac arrest, causing her blood pressure to steadily drop and her organs to stop functioning. She sustained heavy brain damage as a result. She was moved to a local hospital and placed in a medically induced coma for a week due to her condition. Her husband, Tim Wosnitza, claimed that he was told by doctors that she would die due to the trauma to her brain, and was at her side for nine days until she died on 20 January 2011.
Police investigated the clinic for possible treatment errors. On 21 January, the two doctors who performed the surgery on Cora were charged with negligent manslaughter. A statement from the clinic said the doctors were "extremely upset and deeply regret the death of patient C.W." and that they are giving "full and complete support" to authorities investigating her death.
Cora was buried in a pink coffin at Hamburg's Ohlsdorf Cemetery on 2 February 2011. In May 2011, however, cemetery officials demanded that her husband remove a four-feet tall marble angel and memorial photos that marked the grave, claiming the $15,000 installation was "too sexy". They argued that the grave’s markings were inappropriate and could be deemed "offensive by other mourners visiting the cemetery," one of the largest in the world.
On 5 February 2013, the dpa news agency reported that a 56-year-old anesthesiologist had been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of the German porn star. The Hamburg hospital doctor was given a 15-month suspended sentence for not ensuring that the actress had enough oxygen during the 2011 cosmetic surgery.
- 2009: Versaute Freizeit
- 2010: Be Famous
- 2011: Gegengerade – Niemand siegt am Millerntor!
- 2010: Venus Award: Best Amateur Actress Germany
- 2010: Venus Award: Best Toy Series International (Sexy Cora Toys / Orion)
- 2010: Erotixxx Award: Best Amateur Actress
- 2010: "My Love – La, La, La"
- 2010: "Lass uns kicken (Alles klar wunderbar)"
- ""Sexy Cora" liegt im Koma: Ein Herzstillstand bei Brust-OP". Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- CNN wire staff (21 January 2011). "German doctors charged in porn star's death". CNN. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Anders Munck. "Modell dog under bröstförstoring". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "German reality TV star Cora dies after sixth breast op". BBC News. 21 January 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "Verfahren gegen Ärzte von "Sexy Cora" eingeleitet". Welt Online. Axel Springer. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Rhett Pardon (20 January 2011). "German Porn Star Sexy Cora Dies". XBIZ. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "ZYX Music: "My Love (La La La)"". Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- "AOL Music: Sexy Cora Albums". Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Vice, Danny (25 January 2011). "Carolin Berger AKA "Sexy Cora" Dead After Attempting Sixth Breast Enlargement". The Weekly Vice. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- Johannes Gernert (20 January 2011). "Tod nach Busen-OP: Sexy Cora gab ihr Leben für den Glamour". Stern.de (in German). Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Dan Menhinnitt (13 January 2011). "German Big Brother star's breast op horror". The Sun (London). Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- "Porn star suffers heart attack during breast enlargement". The Local. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Hall, Allan (10 May 2011). "Cemetery chief demands burial site for porn star is destroyed for being 'too sexy'". The Daily Record (Glasgow).
- "Porn star Sexy Cora’s gravestone ‘too sexy’, say officials". Metro UK. Associated Newspapers, Ltd. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Anesthesiologist convicted in death of German porn star after breast-enlargement operation". Retrieved 6 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carolin Wosnitza.|