||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Shabir Sebastian Ahluwalia|
August 10, 1979
|Occupation||TV and Bollywood actor|
Shabir Sebastian Ahluwalia is an Indian television actor, best known for his roles (character) as Rishi Garewal in the Soap Opera, Kahiin to Hoga and Milind Mishra in the serial Kayamath. He made his debut in Bollywood with movie Shootout at Lokhandwala. His second movie was Mission Istanbul (2008).
Shabbir Ahluwalia was born on 10 August 1979 in Mumbai to a Catholic mother and Punjabi (Sikh) father. He completed his education from St. Xavier's High School, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai and University of Maryland, College Park, US. He spells his name as "Shabir" although the media uses the spelling "Shabbir". He is married to Kanchi Kaul.
In 2010 he bagged the first place in Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 3, the Indian version of Fear Factor. Despite his win in Khatron Ke Khiladi, Shabbir is mostly known for his role of Milind Mishra in Kayamath co-starring Panchi Bora and Jay Bhanushali. The role got him many awards and his chemistry with his co-star Panchi was highly applauded. Shabbir has hosted Star Parivaar Awards 2007, Nach Baliye, Dancing Queen, Meethi Churi. Shabbir also made an appearance in Lux Bollywood Ka Ticket Kaun Jeetega, a reality show, where incidentally his Kayamath co-star Panchi Bora was a contestant, to promote his movie Mission Istanbul. Shabbir also performs regularly at various award functions like the 10th Indian Telly Awards, Star parivar 2008. Shabbir's most recent projects include Guinness World Records Ab India Todega where he is an on-field anchor along with Preity Zinta.
Recently Shabbir turned producer and started his production company, Flying Turtles, along with his friends. His company is currently producing the drama "Ganga ki Dheej" on Sahara One. Currently he is seen in the role of Dutta Shriram Patil in the daily soap "Laggi Tujhse Lagan" opposite Mahi Vij, wife of his Kayamath co-star Jay Bhanushali.
He is the winner of reality show Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 3.
Shabbir has done two movies for his good friend Ekta Kapoor's Production house Balaji Telefilms. He made his debut in Bollywood with Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007) alongside Vivek Oberoi and Tusshar Kapoor. The movie performed averagely at the box office. His second movie was Mission Istanbul (2008) which was a flop at the box office.
He has also done a Television commercial for "Bhikaner Bhujia".
He has played football and cricket for charity and is also the captain of the celebrity cricket team Boxy Boys.
- Hip Hip Hurray as Shweta Salve's brother
- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Aniket
- Kahin To Milenge as Shashank
- Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii as Soumil Dixit
- Kahiin To Hoga as Rishi Garewal
- Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat - Kabzaa
- Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat - Kohra as Aman
- Kkavyanjali as Vansh
- Nach Baliye 1 & Nach Baliye 2 as Host
- Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa Guest appearance
- Fear Factor as Participant
- Kasamh Se as Sandeep Sikand/Sandy (Cameo)
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay as Omi
- Kayamath as Milind Mishra
- Dhamaal Express as himself
- Dancing Queen as Host
- Meethi Churi No. 1 as Host
- Fear Factor – Khatron Ke Khiladi Level 3 as himself
- Guinness World Record – India as Host
- Laagi Tujhse Lagan as Dutta Bhau
- Kumkum Bhagya as Abhishek Prem