||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (June 2009)|
c. 1987 (age 26–27)
Milford, Ohio, U.S.
|Education||Martial arts training|
|Organization||Allegiance of Heroes|
Shadow Hare (or Shadowhare) is the pseudonym of a costumed adventurer operating in Cincinnati, Ohio since 2005. He states that he is 22 years old and lives in Milford, Ohio. Wearing a handmade black suit with a stylized hare on the front, along with a cape and mask, he patrols the streets looking for crimes in progress, and gives out meals to the homeless. Although not supported or endorsed by the Cincinnati Police Department, he cooperates with police, making citizen's arrests when necessary.
Shadow Hare has been injured—he once received a dislocated shoulder while assisting a woman who was being robbed. He frequents Cincinnati public events, especially ones he suspects may turn violent, using his tagline "I see the shadows of shadows." He has received international internet and television news coverage, ranging from supportive to mocking. The Milford chief of police was wary, saying "He's putting himself in jeopardy for something he's not trained for.... We don't want people to get hurt." But Shadow Hare remains undeterred, vowing "If I have to save someone else in an alleyway, or if there is someone right now who needed my help, I will rush in and give my life."
Allegiance of Heroes
Shadow Hare is part of the "Allegiance of Heroes", a group that includes masked crime-fighters calling themselves Eclyptico, Wall Creeper, and Master Legend. He patrols Cincinnati either alone or with a few other members of the Allegiance, distributing business cards to those interested. At times he travels to other cities, working with local superheroes in other regions. "I've even teamed up with Mr. Extreme in California," Shadow Hare was quoted as saying, "and we were trying to track down a rapist."
- "Masked avenger patrols Cincinnati". United Press International. April 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Peters, Sean (April 29, 2009). "Shadow Hare takes to the streets: Cincinnati superhero another unique piece of local culture, lore". The News Record. p. 3. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Poulsen, Kevin (April 29, 2009). "Masked Superheroes Patrol Cincinnati Streets". Threat Level (WIRED). Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Flack, Eric (April 27, 2009). "Cincinnati Superhero Patrols Streets Fighting Crime". WLWT News. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "Shadowhare Wins Over Queen City: Hundreds Support Cincinnati's Own Masked Marvel". WLWT News. April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- Yu, Justin (April 29, 2009). "Mysterious superhero surfaces, strikes fear into hearts of no one". CNET Networks. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "Hare-Brained Super Hero 'Scares' Police Chief". TMZ. May 1, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-01.